Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's on Netflix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cflgridiron View Post

I am hoping for the same with Super hero movies.
    I don't know why people hold out hope for this. There are so many characters available to make movies about and so many stories to tap in to. And they sell. They're not gonna stop for the sake of people who don't like them.

Comment

• Originally posted by LongTimeRiderFan View Post

I don't know why people hold out hope for this. There are so many characters available to make movies about and so many stories to tap in to. And they sell. They're not gonna stop for the sake of people who don't like them.
      I think it goes a step farther than that even.

Why do people even go to a theater anymore? They can stay home and stream something on a 65 inch TV. No need to get a babysitter, no need to park and walk and a Gallon of popcorn with 1/2 a gallon of pop costs a couple bucks.

One way to get people out is to produce an experience they cannot duplicate, so movies with massive visual effects and sound, have an advantage. Most everyone has a big TV, but most do not have a full theater sound system. Superhero movies lend themselves to that sort of experience.

The last movie I saw in a theater was Infinity War, the next will likely be Endgame.

Comment

We already saw Disney take a step back with Star Wars...

As for sell some do and some donít VS their ROI. Batman VS Superman was considered a flop due to the massive amount of cash invested VS the return.

While I donít think they will go away I would like to see more original non-superhero content.

Comment

I don't like super hero movies either, so I just don't watch them. Very complicated stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by tommy_boy View Post

I don't like super hero movies either, so I just don't watch them. Very complicated stuff.
            Seems reasonable.

Comment

Yeah, they're fine, my son and I go to most of them. I guess I just wish that there were other choices to go to in theaters these days, but it seems like if there is a "big" movie or a summer blockbuster, its a superhero movie. Thats fine, but what about every other type of movie? What about a sweeping epic? A disaster film? Sci fi? It seems that all of these are covered only by superheros. It would just be nice to have some variety.

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post

Yeah, they're fine, my son and I go to most of them. I guess I just wish that there were other choices to go to in theaters these days, but it seems like if there is a "big" movie or a summer blockbuster, its a superhero movie. Thats fine, but what about every other type of movie? What about a sweeping epic? A disaster film? Sci fi? It seems that all of these are covered only by superheros. It would just be nice to have some variety.
                Bingeable, 10+ hour content is where it's at. Think The Expanse. Whenever what's in the theaters doesn't grab my attention, I just find what I'm looking for elsewhere and forget about how little the movie theater is appealing these days. When there's something at the theater that is worthy of my attention, it gets it.

Comment

• Originally posted by tommy_boy View Post

Studios do not want to spend 60-80 million on larger original content films when they have to directly compete against giant tentpoll films. Heck even Avatar 2 didnít want to go against the 3rd Star Wars movie.

If there are a few less tentpoll Superhero movies that will open the door for studios to try a few larger budget films. Gravity, Inglorious Basterds, even the Matrix are examples of other types of larger films.

Comment

• The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.

Bit of history, light romantic drama.

Comment

• I enjoyed Trainspotting 2. Worth a watch if youíve seen the first one.

Comment

• Originally posted by The General View Post
                        I enjoyed Trainspotting 2. Worth a watch if youíve seen the first one.
                        Yeah, that was good wasn't it. But yeah, you really gotta see (and enjoy) the first one. Those movies aren't for everyone.

Comment

• Watched the series Hanna on Amazon Prime, very good. The 2 lead characters were both in the US version of The Killing.

Comment

• Originally posted by danno View Post
                            Watched the series Hanna on Amazon Prime, very good. The 2 lead characters were both in the US version of The Killing.

I enjoyed Hanna as well. The 2 leads from The Killing were equally as good in this series and both likeable characters. The young woman playing Hanna did a credible job as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAxeMan View Post

I enjoyed Hanna as well. The 2 leads from The Killing were equally as good in this series and both likeable characters. The young woman playing Hanna did a credible job as well.
                              I loved the movie, and was worried how the new girl would do. She did a great job, Joel Kinnamen was very good as well. With how it ended, very curious to see where it goes.

Comment

• Not on Netflix yet, but apparently coming, is Doom Patrol. The apparent plan is to distribute it on Netflix outside of the US, but in the US it is on DCUniverse. I've never read any of it, but man, a few episodes in and the creators of this content were clearly on some fabulous drugs.
                                #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X