Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's on Netflix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by danno View Post
    Really liked Good Girls Revolt on Prime.

Now watching Secret City on Netflix, decent series, Australian production.

Really likes Secret City. Watching the OA now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

I had no idea, also found out the younger sister on the show Ariel Winter had to have a breast reduction because of various pain. A shame but I get it...
      That one I had heard about before

Comment

I had no idea, also found out the younger sister on the show Ariel Winter had to have a breast reduction because of various pain. A shame but I get it...
        ???

Comment

• Originally posted by go riders View Post

???
          You don't like large breasts?

Comment

You don't like large breasts?
            I don't understand why someone would feel it's a shame that someone did something to relieve pain. Besides, she looks fine the way she is now.

Comment

I don't understand why someone would feel it's a shame that someone did something to relieve pain. Besides, she looks fine the way she is now.
              I was being somewhat facetious. I would never begrudge anyone for doing it especially if it causes pain. Yes she looks fine, she is a very beautiful young woman who doesn't give two craps about what I think.

Side note I watched Happy Gilmore awhile back. I kept thinking I should recognize Sandlers love interest. Sure enough it's Julie Bowen, Claire on Modern Family.

Comment

Reminds me of the line in Superbad... ďItís like punching God in the faceĒ

Comment

Sarah Hyland is gorgeous, just found out recently she is also very sick.

https://people.com/health/sarah-hyla...th-conditions/
                  Hyland's been sick since before the first season, and in the first season it's noticeable as she's usually lying down for her scenes. IIRC her father gave her one of his kidneys.
                  Originally posted by squish View Post

Reminds me of the line in Superbad... ďItís like punching God in the faceĒ
                  LOL, so many great lines in that film.

Evan: I heard she got breast reduction surgery.
                  Seth: What? That's like slapping God across the face for giving you a beautiful gift.
                  Evan: She had back problems, man. Anyway, it's like they made them better. They're more... symmetrical, supple, firm.
                  Seth: Alright, I gotta catch a glimpse of these warlocks. Let's make a move.
                  Originally posted by Andy View Post
                  Has anyone else been watching "American Gods" on Prime? It's amazing, and doing justice to a fantastic book.
                  ​​​​​​
                  Incredibly well-cast, beautifully filmed (thanks to Bryan Fuller, who did the "Hannibal" series) dark, intense, funny, introspective - I can't say enough good things about it.
                  I watched the first season and thought it was okay, but admittedly I'm hesitant to watch the 2nd second since Bryan Fuller is no longer involved. I'm a huge fan of Fuller's work - Hannibal, Pushing Daisies, and Dead Like Me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clambake View Post
                    Alpha Dog ( 2006)

Annoying and entertaining flick about the world of low level pot dealing. Really good movie.
                    I know exactly what you mean about "annoying and entertaining". I watched it the other night. A movie full of such unlikeable scumbags, with no protagonist to root for, only a poor dumb kid to fear for. Yet still compelling to watch, but left me so hateful of the people in that pathetic world.

Comment

• Just watched "The Highwaymen" with Kevin Kostner & Woody Harrelson. The story of the hunt for Bonnie & Clyde by the two Texas Rangers who eventually tracked them down. Terrific movie that deconstructs the legend by telling the other side of the story. Really good movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                        Just watched "The Highwaymen" with Kevin Kostner & Woody Harrelson. The story of the hunt for Bonnie & Clyde by the two Texas Rangers who eventually tracked them down. Terrific movie that deconstructs the legend by telling the other side of the story. Really good movie.
                        I was hoping to read a review about that movie as we are going to watch it tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by flatlandriderfan View Post

I was hoping to read a review about that movie as we are going to watch it tonight
                          Well-acted period piece that de-mythologizes Bonnie & Clyde. In fact, we barely see or hear them. No Faye Dunaway & Warren Beatty to weep over when they meet their end. This movie focuses on the manhunt for two brutal killers by the two retired Texas Rangers who hunted them down and finally put them down. I thought Costner and especially Harrelson were excellent in their roles.

Comment

• So I did finish that Maddie McCann show - wasnít as good as I was expecting it to be, itís clear they didnít have enough material for 8 episodes and kinda stretched some things to get full epis

If you are unfamiliar with the story I highly recommend a watch

The interesting thing is that at the end of it, you are no closer to knowing what happened, if she is dead or alive currently, etc.

Part of you thinks those parents are so guilty, and another part is completely sympathetic and believe they are victims of a terrible crime

Again, as far as the actual show, it could have been better, but it is such an interesting case that it is super engaging

Comment

• Originally posted by steve04 View Post
                              So I did finish that Maddie McCann show - wasnít as good as I was expecting it to be, itís clear they didnít have enough material for 8 episodes and kinda stretched some things to get full epis

If you are unfamiliar with the story I highly recommend a watch

The interesting thing is that at the end of it, you are no closer to knowing what happened, if she is dead or alive currently, etc.

Part of you thinks those parents are so guilty, and another part is completely sympathetic and believe they are victims of a terrible crime

Again, as far as the actual show, it could have been better, but it is such an interesting case that it is super engaging
                              Is that the young British girl that went missing in Spain or Portugal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Giventofly View Post
                                Watched the dirt tonight. What a mistake that was. Just shy of horrible
                                It was brutal. It takes a lot for me to stop watching a movie once I start, but this one did it.

The Affleck flick people mentioned was almost twice in one week, but I struggled through that one.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X