Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's on Netflix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m down and out sick for a few days, plan to watch that Maddie McCann show that just came out on Netflix - I had heard of this story before, but expect it will become the next making the murderer

Comment

• Originally posted by CooCooCaChew View Post

Yea, l watched this one also. I was disappointed about how they didn't show how their addictions would surely affect the lives of family and friends, very glossed over. The scene with Ozzie summed it up for me, these idiots are pitiful, they actually called him a god after his actions. They talked about their regrets at the end but it seemed like it was a shrug of the shoulders, eh that's the way it was.
      Liked the music though.
      If it’s intent was to show the very non glamorous life of a drug addled rock star, they did pretty well. But at the same time, it made me wonder why anyone would care about or cheer for these guys to make it through.

Comment

• Originally posted by steve04 View Post
        Watched a horror movie called “Satanic” tonight, mostly because I think Sarah Hyland is incredibly hot - the first 20 minutes is pretty bad, but then it actually gets really freaky and was a pretty creepy show.
        Sarah Hyland is gorgeous, just found out recently she is also very sick.

https://people.com/health/sarah-hyla...th-conditions/

Comment

• Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

Jeez, I didn't know that about her. HEre's hoping she fully recovers.

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post

Jeez, I didn't know that about her. HEre's hoping she fully recovers.
            Yea you would never know it on the show but she has had issues for a long time.

Comment

If it’s intent was to show the very non glamorous life of a drug addled rock star, they did pretty well. But at the same time, it made me wonder why anyone would care about or cheer for these guys to make it through.
              Reminded me of the mockumentary FUBAR, I thought the characters Terry and Dean would show up "just givin er".

Comment

• Originally posted by CooCooCaChew View Post

Reminded me of the mockumentary FUBAR, I thought the characters Terry and Dean would show up "just givin er".
                It looked like it was directed by a high school film student. Could've made it a half decent bio pick, but it's a fluff piece.
                Ya friggin Pigeon

Comment

• Originally posted by Giventofly View Post

It looked like it was directed by a high school film student. Could've made it a half decent bio pick, but it's a fluff piece.
                  Yeah, there was just no depth to it, which makes me think that there probably wasn't much depth to those guys and their band in the first place.

Compare it to a movie like "The Doors" that explored Morrison's addiction in relation to his history, and the ways in which it was screwing up the band and making everyone hate him. A much more well-told and interesting story.

If and when the Kurt Cobain movie surely gets made, I really hope they take the latter approach to it, rather than the "look at us party!" attitude of the Motley Crue thing.

Comment

Wow thanks for sharing. She’s been one of my celebrity crushes for a while but never knew about any of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by steve04 View Post

Wow thanks for sharing. She’s been one of my celebrity crushes for a while but never knew about any of that.
                      I had no idea, also found out the younger sister on the show Ariel Winter had to have a breast reduction because of various pain. A shame but I get it...

Comment

I had no idea, also found out the younger sister on the show Ariel Winter had to have a breast reduction because of various pain. A shame but I get it...
                        This was quite a while back, I think she was like 15 when she had that done.

In looking at current pics, she’s still fine in that department.

Comment

Not a big reduction, and still looks fine.

Comment

This was quite a while back, I think she was like 15 when she had that done.

In looking at current pics, she’s still fine in that department.
                            Oh yea she's fine. If it's causing trouble then off course you do it had a gf once that got it done before my time, she turned out ok too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy View Post
                              Has anyone else been watching "American Gods" on Prime? It's amazing, and doing justice to a fantastic book.
                              ​​​​​​
                              Incredibly well-cast, beautifully filmed (thanks to Bryan Fuller, who did the "Hannibal" series) dark, intense, funny, introspective - I can't say enough good things about it.
                              I saw it advertised the other night and it looked interesting, but I tend to like Ian McShane's work. Such an evil little man...

Comment

• Really liked Good Girls Revolt on Prime.

Now watching Secret City on Netflix, decent series, Australian production.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X