Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's on Netflix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Magnum View Post

Same here, but I never even finished it. The plot line seemed not bad but got predictable. Would have been better off as a series instead of a 2 hour movie.

Anyway I wonder if they thought about making 2 trips with the chopper to haul all that money?
    Plus, that chopper was huge, why would they sling the money? There was plenty of room in the chopper for it.

Comment

• So last night... the Motley Crue movie "The Dirt" on Netflix last night. Not bad, it was at its best when it was being comical, like the Pete Davidson record exec character. Overall though, its a pretty blah story about a bunch of addicts who had a successful band, conquered their demons, and moved forward. They were actually kind of boring guys if you ask me. Not particularly likeable, and you kind of wish those idiots weren't the ones to gain such fame and fortune.

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post
        Watched "Triple Frontier" l;ast night. Thought it would be good, with a such a strong cast (Affleck, Hunnam, OScar Isaac), but jeez, what a terrible movie. Felt so low budget, like some bad action movie off Cinemax in the early 90's.
        Terrible movie x2. I was shocked how they could screw up something like this. Afflecks character wasn’t even likable. I’d rather watch a Steven Seagal disaster than this. How it got 73% on rotten tomatoes is beyond me.

Comment

Watched "Triple Frontier" l;ast night. Thought it would be good, with a such a strong cast (Affleck, Hunnam, OScar Isaac), but jeez, what a terrible movie. Felt so low budget, like some bad action movie off Cinemax in the early 90's.
          That’s too bad, I was thinking of giving that movie a go the other night but it was too late so I just thought I’d wait for the weekend. Ironically these days the production budget can be pretty scant if they put a lot of heavyweight talent in the cast. They actors all get about $40 million combined and the Producers say to the Director “here’s $10 million, go make something great”

Comment

• Not on Netflix, but I recently watched the first season of the AMC anthology series "The Terror". I picked it up cheap on DVD. They are working on a season 2 so I'm sure AMC will replay season 1 at some point.

I loved this show so much I watched it a second time immediately following the first. It is a fictional account of the Franklin Expedition (Sir John Franklin's attempt to find the North-West Passage in 1845 that ended with both of his ships stuck in the ice and all of the men eventually starving to death or dying of lead poisoning, amongst other maladies and injuries; and, yes, there is cannibalism). There is also a horror/supernatural/creature element that adds to the general sense of horror and foreboding.

The show is executive produced by Ridley Scott. Although the horror element is played up in the presentation, the real strength of the show is in the writing, the acting and the characters. The cast is brilliant. The dialogue is often poetic. Though the subject matter is about as grim as it gets, I found the story to be up-lifting.

If you watch on DVD I recommend watching with the english subtitles or captioning on. The actors are all very British or Irish and sometimes it can be hard to make out what they are saying.

Season 2, I understand, will have no connection to season 1. It will take place in a Japanese internment camp during WWII. Well, the connection I think is that each season will focus on a bleak historical event while adding the supernatural/horror element to the mix.

Comment

• Finally checked out the first episode of Amazon's "Hanna", and thought it was pretty good. It had a very slight tweak from the film which I thought was decent enough, but I'm interested to see how it develops now that it's a show and not a 2 hour film.

Comment

• Watched the documentary “Pick of The Litter” about how guide dogs are bred, raised, and trained. Very interesting! Also some tears and laughs. Recommend to anyone who loves dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archie Lee View Post
                  Not on Netflix, but I recently watched the first season of the AMC anthology series "The Terror". I picked it up cheap on DVD. They are working on a season 2 so I'm sure AMC will replay season 1 at some point.
                  I liked "The Terror" a lot. I could have done without the supernatural elements, though. Yes, those elements came direct from the source material; but the show was far more interesting when it focused on the human interactions rather than the special-effects monster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Poppy View Post
                    Watched the documentary “Pick of The Litter” about how guide dogs are bred, raised, and trained. Very interesting! Also some tears and laughs. Recommend to anyone who loves dogs.
                    X2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldguard View Post
                      I liked "The Terror" a lot. I could have done without the supernatural elements, though. Yes, those elements came direct from the source material; but the show was far more interesting when it focused on the human interactions rather than the special-effects monster.
                      I agree, very good stuff.

Comment

• Watched the dirt tonight. What a mistake that was. Just shy of horrible
                        Ya friggin Pigeon

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldguard View Post
                          I agree. The historical event was certainly dramatic enough on its own.

Comment

• Originally posted by steve04 View Post

I didn't think Cuba was very believable as OJ, but still thought this was a phenomenal show.
                            The story about the lawyers on both sides was the highlight of this movie. I enjoyed this movie. Just as an aside F Lee Bailey was disbarred and went through bankruptcy and is living a poor old man's life in Vermont.

Comment

• Has anyone else been watching "American Gods" on Prime? It's amazing, and doing justice to a fantastic book.
                              ​​​​​​
                              Incredibly well-cast, beautifully filmed (thanks to Bryan Fuller, who did the "Hannibal" series) dark, intense, funny, introspective - I can't say enough good things about it.

Comment

So last night... the Motley Crue movie "The Dirt" on Netflix last night. Not bad, it was at its best when it was being comical, like the Pete Davidson record exec character. Overall though, its a pretty blah story about a bunch of addicts who had a successful band, conquered their demons, and moved forward. They were actually kind of boring guys if you ask me. Not particularly likeable, and you kind of wish those idiots weren't the ones to gain such fame and fortune.
                                Yea, l watched this one also. I was disappointed about how they didn't show how their addictions would surely affect the lives of family and friends, very glossed over. The scene with Ozzie summed it up for me, these idiots are pitiful, they actually called him a god after his actions. They talked about their regrets at the end but it seemed like it was a shrug of the shoulders, eh that's the way it was.
                                Liked the music though.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X