Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's on Netflix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by go riders View Post

Wasn't it Cuba Gooding Jr. as OJ, David Schwimmer (aka Ross from Friends) as Kardashain, John Travolta as Shapiro?
    Yup. I just don't see Gooding as OJ and he hasn't convinced me. All of the acting seems "over done" or "exaggerated" to me, like they are trying way too hard (larger than life?). And OJ moreso than the others.

Either the director was trying to create a type of effect, or these guys really were all assholes the way they talked to each other, etc. ....
    Last edited by danno; 03-15-2019, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by danno View Post

Yup. I just don't see Gooding as OJ and he hasn't convinced me. All of the acting seems "over done" or "exaggerated" to me, like they are trying way too hard (larger than life?). And OJ moreso than the others.

Either the director was trying to create a type of effect, or these guys really were all assholes the way they talked to each other, etc. ....
      I didn't think Cuba was very believable as OJ, but still thought this was a phenomenal show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sprout View Post

I don't do Netflix but placed a hold at the RPL for the DVD set. Are there any other seasons? Thanks.

I surely remember the trial. Everyone at work was on the edge of their chairs for the verdict.
        I believe the second season centers on the murder of clothing designer Versace in Miami IIRC. They are both shot under the title "American Crime Story" and are a spin-off of the "American Horror Story" series, which typically used many of the same actors season by season, but as each season is a stand alone story, the actors were recast each season.

Comment

• Originally posted by steve04 View Post

I believe the second season centers on the murder of clothing designer Versace in Miami IIRC. They are both shot under the title "American Crime Story" and are a spin-off of the "American Horror Story" series, which typically used many of the same actors season by season, but as each season is a stand alone story, the actors were recast each season.
          Thank you; now I know!

Comment

• Alpha Dog ( 2006)

Annoying and entertaining flick about the world of low level pot dealing. Really good movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clambake View Post
              Alpha Dog ( 2006)

Annoying and entertaining flick about the world of low level pot dealing. Really good movie.
              This is one of my all-time favorite movies and itís based on a true story. What did you find annoying about it?

Comment

• Watched a horror movie called ďSatanicĒ tonight, mostly because I think Sarah Hyland is incredibly hot - the first 20 minutes is pretty bad, but then it actually gets really freaky and was a pretty creepy show.

Comment

• Originally posted by steve04 View Post

This is one of my all-time favorite movies and itís based on a true story. What did you find annoying about it?
                  I use to work with a guy with a shady past. Lots of drug dealing and gang involvement. I remember talking to him about that movie and I said something about how pointless it was to kill a guy for 1200 dollars.

He was all like "it's all about the principal man, it's all about the principal". I found him really annoying and stupid. I have known two people in my life that have murdered people and I didn't find either tough or mean. Just really stupid.

The character development was so good in that movie it just reminded of some annoying idiots I use to know. It was just spot on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clambake View Post

I use to work with a guy with a shady past. Lots of drug dealing and gang involvement. I remember talking to him about that movie and I said something about how pointless it was to kill a guy for 1200 dollars.

He was all like "it's all about the principal man, it's all about the principal". I found him really annoying and stupid. I have known two people in my life that have murdered people and I didn't find either tough or mean. Just really stupid.

The character development was so good in that movie it just reminded of some annoying idiots I use to know. It was just spot on.
                    Fair enough, I was confused as people donít usually refer to something as both annoying and entertaining, but that was one of the few explanations that actually support that statement.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X