Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's on Netflix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else planning to check out "His Dark Materials" ?

Comment

• Triple Frontier comes out tomorrow... bigtime cast

Comment

• Originally posted by danno View Post
        So we persevered and actually completed both seasons of Babylon Berlin, ended up really liking it after a very slow start. To really enjoy the show, it helps to have some knowledge and understanding of the situation in Germany during the late 1920s, the Weimar Republic years just before the Nazi's seized power.
        Good recommendation. It's different but I'm liking it.

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post

I watched the first one with the boxer. It was nice to hear a boxer speak so honestly about what its like in the ring. He was scared, and wanted nothing to do with being there, and getting knocked out sounds like it really sucks on every level. Then the guy becomes a holllywood boxing expert, fantastic story.

They could have done one on Bill Buckner who had the gaffe in the Red Sox World Series in I think 86. I don't think he had an easy time after that though, the Mass-holes would have been pretty hard on him everywhere he went.
          They are for the most part redemption stories though, and there was really no ending for the Buckner one

Comment

• Originally posted by voice of reason View Post

They are for the most part redemption stories though, and there was really no ending for the Buckner one
            The other thing is that they are largely unfamiliar to the vast majority of sports fans. Van de Velde, of course, golf fans remember hut I'd bet most people had no idea about his story. Some of them aren't losing/redemption stories as much as just interesting events (Torquay soccer team, for example). Surya Bonaly is before my time and/or got lost in the Tonya Harding fiasco. Others we're completely unfamiliar to me.

Buckner's error is on another level - though I would suppose a heck of a lot of baseball fans of my vintage (born in '81) wouldn't know about it or even the Red Sox futility after the past 15 years.

Comment

• Watched the first episode of "Umbrella Academy" yesterday. I think I'm in. Seems like an interesting "x-men" type premise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Not us View Post

Good recommendation. It's different but I'm liking it.
                The acting of the 2 main characters, Rath and Ritter, is outstanding.

Comment

• Just started The People vs OJ Simpson, seems okay so far, but the guy playing OJ is terrible whereas the other characters are very well done, especially Marcia Clark, Robert Shapiro, Robert Kardashian ....

Comment

Just started The People vs OJ Simpson, seems okay so far, but the guy playing OJ is terrible whereas the other characters are very well done, especially Marcia Clark, Robert Shapiro, Robert Kardashian ....
                    That's on Netflix?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

That's on Netflix?
                      Yes, but I am in the US, not sure about Canada.

Comment

Agreed and I'd put the Bruno character into that mix as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Not us View Post

Agreed and I'd put the Bruno character into that mix as well.
                          I should have mentioned him, his facial expressions were incredible. First rate acting.

Comment

Just started The People vs OJ Simpson, seems okay so far, but the guy playing OJ is terrible whereas the other characters are very well done, especially Marcia Clark, Robert Shapiro, Robert Kardashian ....
                            I don't do Netflix but placed a hold at the RPL for the DVD set. Are there any other seasons? Thanks.

I surely remember the trial. Everyone at work was on the edge of their chairs for the verdict.

Comment

Thanks for the tip on Babylon Berlin. Just finished it and agree with you on the actors that were great in it.

Comment

Wasn't it Cuba Gooding Jr. as OJ, David Schwimmer (aka Ross from Friends) as Kardashain, John Travolta as Shapiro?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X