Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's on Netflix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
    Not Netflix but since there isn't another TV thread going, anyone else watch Brooklyn 99? Thank goodnesss NBC picked it up (What was Fox thinking). I find that show really funny.
    It took me forever to "discover it" and I binged the first 4 seasons on Netflix right before the fifth was released to the platform, and it's joined Archer as my default "ambient noise as I fall asleep" shows. It's tremendous, though I haven't been loving this season as much as the preceding five, but it's still excellent compared to pretty much anything else out there. Last night's cold open about keeping Hitchcock clean was outstanding and on par with any from Fox.

I suppose NBC is in a bit of a predicament of having to introduce characters to a new audience, which would explain why most episodes this season have been a Jake-and-whomever focus for the A-plot. I find the group dynamic so strong that these episodes are a bit lacking, though they serve a purpose in allowing a new audience to get to know the 99.

Comment

Not Netflix but since there isn't another TV thread going, anyone else watch Brooklyn 99? Thank goodnesss NBC picked it up (What was Fox thinking). I find that show really funny.
      My sons and my favorite show to watch together. Consistently funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by go riders View Post

Never heard of it until today. Sounds interesting. The host is from LA Times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_John

https://wondery.com/shows/dirty-john/
        The Dirty John podcast is very good. Another one i really liked was **** Town. Great story as well.

Comment

Yeah. Great show.
          Is it May yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by voice of reason View Post
            Has anyone watched Losers ? I am enjoying it, and its not every day a non-canadian series does an episode on Curling.
            I've watched a handful of episodes of Losers.and really enjoyed it. Other than Van de Velde at the Open, none were stories I was familiar with. They make relatively banal things interesting, the animations are fun, and what I enjoy most - from the episodes I've seen, anyhow - is that they don't dwell on the disaster but rather show how the individual(s) continued with life. Nobody is in a darkened room loading one bullet into their pistols - they all moved on, many to great success.

I don't think I would want to watch a show that just shows the heartbreak, and the episodes I've seen show acceptance, if not redemption.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy View Post

I've watched a handful of episodes of Losers.and really enjoyed it. Other than Van de Velde at the Open, none were stories I was familiar with. They make relatively banal things interesting, the animations are fun, and what I enjoy most - from the episodes I've seen, anyhow - is that they don't dwell on the disaster but rather show how the individual(s) continued with life. Nobody is in a darkened room loading one bullet into their pistols - they all moved on, many to great success.

I don't think I would want to watch a show that just shows the heartbreak, and the episodes I've seen show acceptance, if not redemption.
              I watched the first one with the boxer. It was nice to hear a boxer speak so honestly about what its like in the ring. He was scared, and wanted nothing to do with being there, and getting knocked out sounds like it really sucks on every level. Then the guy becomes a holllywood boxing expert, fantastic story.

They could have done one on Bill Buckner who had the gaffe in the Red Sox World Series in I think 86. I don't think he had an easy time after that though, the Mass-holes would have been pretty hard on him everywhere he went.

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post

I watched the first one with the boxer. It was nice to hear a boxer speak so honestly about what its like in the ring. He was scared, and wanted nothing to do with being there, and getting knocked out sounds like it really sucks on every level. Then the guy becomes a holllywood boxing expert, fantastic story.

They could have done one on Bill Buckner who had the gaffe in the Red Sox World Series in I think 86. I don't think he had an easy time after that though, the Mass-holes would have been pretty hard on him everywhere he went.
                Yeah, absolutely. Again, it's the "redemption" angle I enjoy. I don't want to watch a show about the worst moment of someone's life if there isn't a silver lining. Seems kind of cruel if that's all it was. I've watched 4 or 5 and haven't been left feeling any pity to any of the subjects.

Comment

• Language warning

Last edited by Magnum; 03-09-2019, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnum View Post
                    Language warning

Loved the first episode. Classic Gervais, with the added bonus of Diane Morgan (aka Philomena Cunk, whose shows are available on YouTube).

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldguard View Post
                      Loved the first episode. Classic Gervais, with the added bonus of Diane Morgan (aka Philomena Cunk, whose shows are available on YouTube).
                      Life's Too Short is an underrated Ricky Gervais venture. When it was funny, it was FUNNY. The scene with Liam Neeson doing improv comedy is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on television

Comment

I've watched a handful of episodes of Losers.and really enjoyed it.
                        Have they dedicated an episode to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maverick View Post

I don't know where they'd find the redemption or silver lining...

Comment

• Originally posted by Maverick View Post

ThaT would be a losing proposition.

Comment

I don't know where they'd find the redemption or silver lining...
                              Ha. I was going to post that after I read Mavericks post.

Comment

• So we persevered and actually completed both seasons of Babylon Berlin, ended up really liking it after a very slow start. To really enjoy the show, it helps to have some knowledge and understanding of the situation in Germany during the late 1920s, the Weimar Republic years just before the Nazi's seized power.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X