Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's on Netflix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by steve04 View Post
    Watched the movie "The Vault" this weekend about some people that rob a haunted bank - it was actually pretty good and stars James Franco

I also started a new series called "Slasher" and so far have only watched the first episode but it was REALLY good, so I'm hoping the rest of the season will live up to it
    So episode 2 of Slasher did not live up to the premier, but what did interest me enough to post about it again, is after seeing some money in the episode, as well as a policeman's uniform, it turns out that this show is Canadian made, and based in a fictional Ontario town. The production value, script, and acting are all quite high level for a Canadian show.

Comment

• Struggling to find a series to watch right now. Part way into Babylon Berlin, very well done, but the characters and story aren't grabbing me.

Watched the first episode of that Haunting of Hill House, again, not really our thing.

Is Perfume worth watching??

Suggestions? Axe man, where are you!

Comment

• Originally posted by danno View Post
        Struggling to find a series to watch right now. Part way into Babylon Berlin, very well done, but the characters and story aren't grabbing me.

Watched the first episode of that Haunting of Hill House, again, not really our thing.

We are watching "The Widow" now and it seems pretty good starring Kate Beckinsale...

I should add that show is on Prime.
        Last edited by TheAxeMan; 03-06-2019, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Just finished watching all 4 seasons of "Life Below Zero" on Netflix. Having spent some time during my younger years in northern country (not Alaska like this series), I quite enjoyed the wilderness aspect of it. Brought back some fond memories.

Comment

Struggling to find a series to watch right now. Part way into Babylon Berlin, very well done, but the characters and story aren't grabbing me.

If you havenít seen it already, check out the 12th Man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldsmith78 View Post
              Finished up the second season of Fargo. Wasn't feeling it early but it got really good the last few episodes. For those that have watched it, is the third season loosely connected as well?
              All have loose connections of some sort

Comment

• Originally posted by voice of reason View Post
                Has anyone watched Losers ? I am enjoying it, and its not every day a non-canadian series does an episode on Curling.
                I heard someone talking about this so I watched it yesterday. I skipped straight to the curling episode so not sure how it compares to the other episodes but I thought it was really well done. I am not a very big curling fan but I was entertained and learned some interesting tidbits along the way. They also showed several clips from the brier in Regina so if you were there or know somebody that was you might see them.

Comment

• Haven't read back far enough in this thread, but I just watched the documentary "Abducted in Plain Sight" and it was compelling, but goddam bizarre. This guy's behaviour should have been a massive red flag to the parent's of the abducted girl....just bizarre.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Hold View Post
                    Haven't read back far enough in this thread, but I just watched the documentary "Abducted in Plain Sight" and it was compelling, but goddam bizarre. This guy's behaviour should have been a massive red flag to the parent's of the abducted girl....just bizarre.
                    And yet the mom had an affair with him after he returned their daughter - also the dad giving a handy is straight effed

Comment

Dirty John .... not great, mrs danno said it seemed like something straight off of The Women's Network or Hallmark .... struggled through 3 of the 8 episodes.
                      The Dirty John podcast was great....I haven't watched the show, but I have to think it would be a disappointment.

Comment

Struggling to find a series to watch right now. [...]Suggestions?
                        Just starting "Secret City" (Aus.) Looks promising. "The Bletchley Circle" is good of its kind.

For comedy, "Green Wing" & "Flowers", both of which feature Olivia Colman, are terrific. (Or unwatchably awful, depending on your tastes. There's nothing harder to gauge than someone else's sense of humour.}

Comment

• Originally posted by The Hold View Post

The Dirty John podcast was great....I haven't watched the show, but I have to think it would be a disappointment.
                          We had no idea what Dirty John was about. The acting wasnít very good. We had no idea what it was about and no idea if the outcome so for us, it was a pretty good story. If a person knows the story I could see it not being very good.

Comment

• I read the series of articles that accompanied the Dirty John podcast and found it fascinating. My wife and I watched the first episode and both thought it was pretty "meh". I've heard good things about the podcast and recommend the articles, though. I think they were in LA magazine but I accessed them through longform.org

Comment

• Not Netflix but since there isn't another TV thread going, anyone else watch Brooklyn 99? Thank goodnesss NBC picked it up (What was Fox thinking). I find that show really funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy View Post
                                I read the series of articles that accompanied the Dirty John podcast and found it fascinating. My wife and I watched the first episode and both thought it was pretty "meh". I've heard good things about the podcast and recommend the articles, though. I think they were in LA magazine but I accessed them through longform.org
                                Never heard of it until today. Sounds interesting. The host is from LA Times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_John

https://wondery.com/shows/dirty-john/

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X