Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's on Netflix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched A Walk in the Park, not knowing it was based on a book by Bill Bryson. Robert Redford plays Bryson, who decides to hike the Appalachian Trail. Co-star is Nick Nolte. It has its moments, but I think itís probably not as good as the book. Bryson is a very readable author.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giventofly View Post

Bird Box is going to win picture of the year.... that's pretty weak
      Roma is the Favorite for best picture

Comment

• Originally posted by R.J View Post
        Season 1 was decent I guess, but that was only due to David Tennant's portrayal of Killgrave.

Netflix does retains the rights to all the seasons completed. I suppose they could sell it to Disney and Disney could continue some of the shows on Hulu or their Disney streaming service (which I hope its Hulu since the Disney one is supposed to be kid friendly, and Daredevil, The Punisher, and Jessica Jones ain't kid friendly), but that's just the speculation at this point, nothing confirmed.
        I believe Disney is the majority owner of Hulu as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by voice of reason View Post

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulu

Hulu is owned by Hulu LLC, a joint venture with The Walt Disney Company (holds 30% stake),[9] 21st Century Fox (holds 30% stake), Comcast (via NBCUniversal; holds 30% stake),[note 1] and AT&T (via WarnerMedia; holds 10% stake).[2] Through a proposed acquisition announced in December 2017, Disney is to acquire Fox's partial ownership, giving it a majority stake if the deal closes.[10]

Comment

Bird Box is going to win picture of the year.... that's pretty weak
            Not a chance ..... not even nominated! As far as I know, it has not been nominated for any Academy Awards. Just a really bad film.

Speaking of Best Picture Oscar nominees, I have seen Roma, Bohemian Rhapsody and Black Klansman.
            Enjoyed all of them, my personal fav is Roma, but a black and white Mexican film is pretty unlikely to win.

Comment

Roma is the Favorite for best picture
              Outstanding film!!!

Comment

• Just read an article speculating an Apple purchase of Netflix. They could apparently just do it with cash on hand, which is crazy. (189 billion dollars... chump change)

http://fortune.com/2019/02/04/apple-...x-acquisition/

Comment

Once the FOX Deal closes in June, yes they will then own 60% (Disney already had 30% - Fox has 30% - Comcast owns 30% - AT&T WarnerMedia owns 10%).

One thing to keep in mind about the Marvel Netflix shows is that Netflix retains the rights to the characters for another 2 years. So if Disney wants to continue the shows, they'll have to wait until Netflix's contract ends or buy it out.

Comment

• Netflix Canada's March lineup features shows like Santa Clarita: season 3, Green Door and Happy Gilmore.

Comment

• Not sure how I missed watching it til now, but The Fall is one of the best series I have seen. Just starting Season 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by danno View Post
                        Not sure how I missed watching it til now, but The Fall is one of the best series I have seen. Just starting Season 2.
                        Slow and methodical and you can't go wrong with Scully Good series
                        Ya friggin Pigeon

Comment

Slow and methodical and you can't go wrong with Scully Good series
                          She got hotter with age....

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post
                            Just read an article speculating an Apple purchase of Netflix. They could apparently just do it with cash on hand, which is crazy. (189 billion dollars... chump change)

http://fortune.com/2019/02/04/apple-...x-acquisition/
                            My guess is at some point a big tech company will buy Netflix. They donít have the bankroll to continue down their spending spree. Apple would make a lot of sense. An additional revenue stream for Apple. The biggest issue would be Apple likes to keep a clean image and lots of Netflix content is hard R.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cflgridiron View Post

My guess is at some point a big tech company will buy Netflix. They donít have the bankroll to continue down their spending spree. Apple would make a lot of sense. An additional revenue stream for Apple. The biggest issue would be Apple likes to keep a clean image and lots of Netflix content is hard R.
                              They have almost $4billion in cash (double what they had two years ago) and have consistently posted profits over the past few years. What are you basing your opinion on?

Comment

• Originally posted by lerriuqs View Post

They have almost $4billion in cash (double what they had two years ago) and have consistently posted profits over the past few years. What are you basing your opinion on?
                                They are spending 8 billion a year on content. Add in Disney buying FOX and launching a Disney + which will host all Disney, marvel, Star Wars content up to pg-13 and all the FoX, FX content will be on Hulu.

Netflix is is competing against Amazon and Disney now both of which could outspend Netflix and undercut them with ease.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X