Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's on Netflix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Magnum View Post

OH, you will really love Shetland then. Subtitles are a must for that one.
    I must admit I had a little trouble with the accents in that one. But it got better the longer I watched, 10 minutes in it was like listing to Gramma and Grampa all over again.

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post

Yeah, we had a friend in University, a British Girl, and outside the bar if you had a smoke she'd come up to you and say "Oy! Drag o' your fag love?"

We always liked that.
      Had a cousin used to say "ahhh a lag and a fag, nowt better!"

Comment

• Finally got around to watching "Split" on one of the streaming services Crave, maybe? I really liked it A strong psychological thriller.

Comment

• Watched the French series, "Call My Agent" ..... very well done series with great acting, not for everyone, but for people who love the entertainment industry, give it a look.

Comment

• Originally posted by danno View Post

This old geezer always turns on the subtitles!
            Between the wife, her relatives and my relatives, I'm pretty used to it so I don't need subtitles.

Comment

• Watched a show called “the push” this weekend about seeing if they can essentially use social pressure to convince a regular person to commit murder - very interesting and captivating show

also watched a doc about AAU basketball in the states which was great but the name is escaping me right now

Comment

• Originally posted by steve04 View Post
                Watched a show called “the push” this weekend about seeing if they can essentially use social pressure to convince a regular person to commit murder - very interesting and captivating show

also watched a doc about AAU basketball in the states which was great but the name is escaping me right now
                Did it go into perception management ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

Did it go into perception management ?
                  I honestly don’t know, I would guess it does but probably doesn’t overtly use that term - essentially putting a person into a subservient, lower status role and starts with manipulating minor deviant behaviour and escalating it quickly, so that the person lacks control of the situation

Comment

• Originally posted by steve04 View Post

I honestly don’t know, I would guess it does but probably doesn’t overtly use that term - essentially putting a person into a subservient, lower status role and starts with manipulating minor deviant behaviour and escalating it quickly, so that the person lacks control of the situation
                    Thanks
                    My kind of show. And sounds like a fun experiment , also

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy View Post
                      Finally got around to watching "Split" on one of the streaming services Crave, maybe? I really liked it A strong psychological thriller.
                      Incidently, the sequel - or part 3 of the trilogy - "Glass" opens this week.

Comment

• If anyone on here likes to laugh “Impractical Jokers” season 1 is on now.
                        watched the whole thing again. It bugs the wife when my son and I laugh uncontrollably at stupid stuff. Basically 4 buddies that dare each other to do stupid stuff. Kind of like jack *** in a family friendly way. Nobody gets hurt. Just embarrassed.
                        I’m sure most of us can picture ourselves in that scenario. I think that is why I enjoy it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

Thanks
                          My kind of show. And sounds like a fun experiment , also
                          I've shown it to my Psychology class in companion with Stanley Milgram's experiment on obedience. It's fascinating, and from background research I did before airing it for my students I couldn't find anything to prove/conclude it was staged. Regardless, it holds a guy's interest.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjrxs View Post
                            If anyone on here likes to laugh “Impractical Jokers” season 1 is on now.
                            watched the whole thing again. It bugs the wife when my son and I laugh uncontrollably at stupid stuff. Basically 4 buddies that dare each other to do stupid stuff. Kind of like jack *** in a family friendly way. Nobody gets hurt. Just embarrassed.
                            I’m sure most of us can picture ourselves in that scenario. I think that is why I enjoy it.
                            My son loves that show, I can watch it for a bit but eventually I get all squirmy and can't take what those guys are making each other do.

Comment

• I much prefer British and Australian comedies because they tend to be just a little edgier and funnier than their North American counterparts. Just do a google search on “Today Show funny bits” to see how funny breakfast television can be in Australia. On Netflix I like the British comedies “Cuckoo” and “Man Down” both starring Greg Davies. On the Australian side I like “Dreamland” and “Rostered On” although I dont think Dreamland is on Canadian Netflix anymore.

Comment

• Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X