Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's on Netflix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldguard View Post
    Thanks. I'm a big fan of the US HoC. Will check out "Sing Street". I liked "Once", one of the director's earlier movies.
    Yeah, I've seen it too. Some similar themes as "Once" but a little more uplifting.

Comment

Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries. Australian crime drama; some lighter moments so it's not all darkness.

Comment

Originally posted by Not us View Post

not sure if its on Netfix, but you may like Shetland. A Scottish detective series set on the islands. Not action based at all, so a slower pace, but I find it well written, good plots and the like
        There's many good British series like Shetland. Examples are Bletchley Circle, Grantchester, The Tunnel.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post
          Not on netflix, but I did finally get into Westworld. Hot damn that's a good show! Original idea, fantastic writing and execution.
          As someone mentioned it's not original but based on a cheesy 70's flick. But if you like the concepts of advanced androids interacting with mankind, you might like the European TV series "Humans".

Comment

Originally posted by Touchdown View Post
            As someone mentioned it's not original but based on a cheesy 70's flick. But if you like the concepts of advanced androids interacting with mankind, you might like the European TV series "Humans".
            Thanks I'll look for it.

I guess its it's not unlike blade runner on some level.

Comment

There's many good British series like Shetland. Examples are Bletchley Circle, Grantchester, The Tunnel.
              Love the British crime dramas, I will be checking these out. I have checked out Shetland I found it a little slow even for British TV but I still enjoyed it.

Comment

"Happy Valley" is my current favourite.

Comment

Thanks I'll look for it.

I would say it's a lot more on the emotional aspects of what if androids approach being nearly human.

Comment

Thanks I'll look for it.

Humans is in its second season on AMC.

Comment

"Happy Valley" is my current favourite.
                      We loved Happy Valley, Scott & Bailey and Broadchurch, all quite similar British cop genre. Also enjoyed Shetland.

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                        Just watching season 5 of Scott and Bailey, continues to be outstanding TV.

Comment

Finally signed up to Netflix. I think a "Black Mirror" binge will be first on the list. Any recommendations for what to see next? I like Brit crime/mystery series, documentaries (especially true crime), WWII stuff, oddball indy movies. So many choices available -- are there any overlooked gems I should see?
                          Making a Murderer is great 5/5 - not overlooked, but sounds like a second season is in the making.
                          Badlands, Texas - Another crime doc, very sloooow moving but the wisdom spouted by the 'Kris Kristofferson' looking smoking/drinking old guy with his feet up makes it all worthwhile. 3/5

Comment

Originally posted by Pwnzorelli View Post

Making a Murderer is great 5/5 - not overlooked, but sounds like a second season is in the making.
                            Badlands, Texas - Another crime doc, very sloooow moving but the wisdom spouted by the 'Kris Kristofferson' looking smoking/drinking old guy with his feet up makes it all worthwhile. 3/5
                            Thanks. "Making a Murderer" is definitely on my list.

Comment

Thanks. "Making a Murderer" is definitely on my list.
                              Started watching this but quickly gave up. Super slow moving with an 'un-interesting" crime if I remember right. Maybe you'll like it more.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldsmith78 View Post

Started watching this but quickly gave up. Super slow moving with an 'un-interesting" crime if I remember right. Maybe you'll like it more.
                                I'd give it another try if I were you, it isn't about the crime committed but the 'investigation' and fallout from it - it gets much more interesting further in... but to each their own.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X