Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About Movies: Oldies but goodies you love to watch?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CooCooCaChew View Post
    A couple of 70'S movies that I think are good - Midnight Express which is a bit like Shawshank but based on a true story and Papillion a good old Steve McQueen movie.
    2 excellent choices!

That original Papillon movie is so much better than the new remake of this past year or so.

Midnight Express is a classic. I made my 19 year old son watch it before he and his gf backpacked through Turkey back in the 90s!

Comment

• Originally posted by danno View Post

2 excellent choices!

That original Papillon movie is so much better than the new remake of this past year or so.

Midnight Express is a classic. I made my 19 year old son watch it before he and his gf backpacked through Turkey back in the 90s!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lotus View Post

Things have come a long ways since Technicolor for sure.
        And yet, in my opinion anyway, the glorious skin tones in Technicolor have yet to be matched by any imaging technology since.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doug123 View Post

And yet, in my opinion anyway, the glorious skin tones in Technicolor have yet to be matched by any imaging technology since.
          The Ten Commandments in HD is amazing for the age of the movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shotgun View Post
            Here's a kinda interesting factoid; the Mel Brooks classics Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein were both released in 1974...…..6 months apart.

Now getting one classic in 10 years is a rarity

And Mel's still working hard at a soon to be 93
            The sheriff is near.

Dont think we will be seeing movies with lines like that any time soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lotus View Post

The Ten Commandments in HD is amazing for the age of the movie.

It was digitally re-colour corrected in the HD version. Some purists complain it was made more orange-toned and strayed from the original. BluRay on the left compared to DVD.

Last edited by drysaddle; 04-23-2019, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• I recently watched ‘His Girl Friday’. A smart, interestingly written and at times, improvised film that broke the record at the time for words spoken per minute.

Comment

• Doris Day just passed. Quite an legendary singer with several classic songs and movies.

I could post a famous song (que sera sera) but here’s a lesser known Christmas tune from the ‘Winning Team’ from 1952 (can you spot a future president?)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X