Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About Movies: Oldies but goodies you love to watch?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Doug123 View Post
    Not sure if these count as a classic oldies but I enjoy "My Favourite Year" starring Peter O'Toole and, every Christmas, watching "White Christmas" starring Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye, and "Meet Me In St. Louis" starring Judy Garland.
    I sat Mrs. Aurelius down for “Meet me in St. Louis” this past Christmas. Classic.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by TheAxeMan View Post


      I believe I have seen those as well as the tv here is no TCM if not watching Netflix or Prime. Been watching TCM since 1991.
      I finally got TCM a few years ago and I’ve never looked back.

      Comment


      • I loved the first Rocky and first Rambo. Stallone had some serious acting skills early in his career. It's funny how terrible the sequels were being based on serious movies.

        I actually loved the recent ones and am really looking forward to " final blood".

        Comment


        • Originally posted by nachocheese View Post

          Oh Ok I was just going by some of the stories told by the local vets that I know that said they were involved could be embellished stories I guess.
          My uncle served in the REME units during the operation. He told us of watching his best friend getting blown up in a tank by a german shell. The tank was ten metres ahead of his.

          Comment


          • One of my favourite movies is The Jerk with Steve Martin. His physical style comedy in that movie can’t be matched. So many good one liners too “He hates these cans!”

            Comment


            • As mentioned Ten commandments and Ben Hur are two of my favourites. Gone With The Wind I could add to the list as well along with Cool Hand Luke and A River Runs Through It although more recent.

              Sometimes a Great Notion is a great movie as well based on a book written by Ken Kesey who also authored One Flew Over The Cuckcoo's Nest

              Comment


              • 12 Angry Men, Paths of Glory two excellent movies. I also like the Sergio Leone westerns. The first two Godfathers, All quiet on the western front, A wonderful life, Shawshank Redemption, High Sierra, African Queen, The Postman Always Rings Twice, The Public Enemy are others.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Lotus View Post
                  As mentioned Ten commandments and Ben Hur are two of my favourites. Gone With The Wind I could add to the list as well along with Cool Hand Luke and A River Runs Through It although more recent.

                  Sometimes a Great Notion is a great movie as well based on a book written by Ken Kesey who also authored One Flew Over The Cuckcoo's Nest
                  All good movies.

                  Comment


                  • I like a lot of the movies mentioned here, but I’ll name some silly ones that my wife and I put on every once and a while.

                    - The wedding singer
                    - Happy Gilmore
                    - Step Brothers

                    while we’re on nostalgia, I was big into transformers back in the day so I was really pleased by the new Bumblebee movie. Easily the only watchable transformer movie.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bzborow1 View Post
                      I like a lot of the movies mentioned here, but I’ll name some silly ones that my wife and I put on every once and a while.

                      - The wedding singer
                      - Happy Gilmore
                      - Step Brothers

                      while we’re on nostalgia, I was big into transformers back in the day so I was really pleased by the new Bumblebee movie. Easily the only watchable transformer movie.
                      Watched that a few nights ago for about the fourth time, it's still funny. I was starting to get annoyed because I recognized the cute love interest in the movie but couldn't figure out from where. Julie Bowen from modern family. Thank you IMDB.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CooCooCaChew View Post
                        12 Angry Men, Paths of Glory two excellent movies. I also like the Sergio Leone westerns. The first two Godfathers, All quiet on the western front, A wonderful life, Shawshank Redemption, High Sierra, African Queen, The Postman Always Rings Twice, The Public Enemy are others.
                        like them all^

                        The Days of Wine and Roses: Jack Lemmon and Lee Remik. Outstanding acting in a dark and all too believable portrayal of a relationship between 2 alcoholics

                        Barfly: Mickey Rourke coulda won an Oscar for this performance.
                        EDIT:...….Dang how could I not mention Faye Dunaway. Both characters worked well off each other

                        The Square (2008) : Not a well known movie. The Clever writing makes this flick
                        Last edited by Shotgun; 04-19-2019, 10:11 AM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bzborow1 View Post
                          I like a lot of the movies mentioned here, but I’ll name some silly ones that my wife and I put on every once and a while.

                          - The wedding singer
                          - Happy Gilmore
                          - Step Brothers

                          while we’re on nostalgia, I was big into transformers back in the day so I was really pleased by the new Bumblebee movie. Easily the only watchable transformer movie.
                          Watched it last night. Not a bad movie for sure.

                          Comment


                          • Easter weekend so the 4 hour marathon classic “The Ten Commandments” is on.

                            ”What you gonna do now Moses”
                            Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Shotgun View Post
                              The Square (2008) : Not a well known movie. The Clever writing makes this flick
                              I second that.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post
                                Easter weekend so the 4 hour marathon classic “The Ten Commandments” is on.

                                ”What you gonna do now Moses”
                                I love the first half. Wonderful costumes, sets and over-acting. Edward G. Robinson steals every scene.

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X