Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kinder Morgan Pipeline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good read.

https://www.linkedin.com/content-gue...ilsands-newman

Comment

• Originally posted by Bates View Post
      There is an interesting comparison between one coal fired plant in china vs the entire oil sands. My quick google search shows the Taiching power plant at 40 million tonnes/year vs 72 for entire oil sands. If you are against Canadian oil because of increased C02 emissions, you are not looking at the big picture.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-45640706

Comment

• Originally posted by Bates View Post
        It is a good read, and most of his points are valid, but I would suggest saying that the industry in Canada is currently "crippled" when we are producing more oil than ever before, is perhaps a tad bit of an exaggeration. Yes, fewer people are working in the industry, and that is alarming, a lot of people are out of work, but I dunno if those heydays are ever coming back. The price drop has forced an incredible level of efficiency on the producers and service companies. To compete with the likes of Texas, they have to produce oil cheaper than ever before, and that is not the fault of any government.

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post

It is a good read, and most of his points are valid, but I would suggest saying that the industry in Canada is currently "crippled" when we are producing more oil than ever before, is perhaps a tad bit of an exaggeration. Yes, fewer people are working in the industry, and that is alarming, a lot of people are out of work, but I dunno if those heydays are ever coming back. The price drop has forced an incredible level of efficiency on the producers and service companies. To compete with the likes of Texas, they have to produce oil cheaper than ever before, and that is not the fault of any government.
          I think it would more along the lines of using the oil produced here to more of a benefit for Canada and Canadian workers. And I agree It's never going to be same Labour force, few industrues are???

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post

I agree with this and will add that the efficiency were more brought on by the length of this downturn and and price drop. Companies could weather the 9-18 month down turns previously trimming the fat off the top but the last couple of years its gone right down to the bare bones of operations.

The service companies that were not watching the dollars before the downturn were the first ones to head to auction when prices started to head downward. With as "tight" as the oil companies are today I just dont see the opportunity for the little guy to carve out his niche anymore.

Comment

• Exxon just put a few BC bureaucratis out of work today. Cancels a $25B application after 4 years. 20 projects at one time. They must be proud to have killed off their golden goose.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/exxon-wi...ject-1.1186659

The apparent shelving of the WCC LNG project is the latest blow to the West Coast liquefied natural gas export industry which at one time featured about 20 proposals, but has resulted in only one firm commitment to build.

Comment

• A pretty good read especially for those on the lower mainland and why the price it is.

https://achemistinlangley.net/2019/0...tain-pipeline/

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnum View Post
                  A pretty good read especially for those on the lower mainland and why the price it is.

https://achemistinlangley.net/2019/0...tain-pipeline/
                  That was a good article. Iím in Victoria, followed the Alberta election talk. And followed other oil industry comments (more informed than Kenney), but the last paragraph is the most accurate. Anything Kenney tries to do to shut off the taps to BC, although fodder for his supporters, will ultimately backfire. It sounds good, but will do nothing to advance the pipeline issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joeywalters View Post

That was a good article. Iím in Victoria, followed the Alberta election talk. And followed other oil industry comments (more informed than Kenney), but the last paragraph is the most accurate. Anything Kenney tries to do to shut off the taps to BC, although fodder for his supporters, will ultimately backfire. It sounds good, but will do nothing to advance the pipeline issue.
                    Will it? If BC has a slowdown, and at the same time Alberta just so happens to push higher gas prices, it could get ugly pretty quick.

Comment

• Honest question: does BC get its gas from Alberta or from the U.S.? I had heard a great deal comes from Washington State, but I can't recall where I heard/read that. If that is actually the case, what taps would Alberta be shutting off?

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Mega View Post
                        Honest question: does BC get its gas from Alberta or from the U.S.? I had heard a great deal comes from Washington State, but I can't recall where I heard/read that. If that is actually the case, what taps would Alberta be shutting off?
                        Read the "achemistinlangley" article that magnum posted in #847

Comment

Honest question: does BC get its gas from Alberta or from the U.S.? I had heard a great deal comes from Washington State, but I can't recall where I heard/read that. If that is actually the case, what taps would Alberta be shutting off?
                          Read the article, but in short, both. Lower mainland is mostly the states, but B.C. is in no position to dictate price to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joeywalters View Post

I love d the part where he said the environmentalists should be wanting Alberta to turn off the taps so there would be less emmisions in BC.

At the end of the day the Alberta Government, like they already have done is put a cap on production and there is dick all that BC or the Feds can do about it.

I wonder if its more expensive to fly in and out of the lower mainland because of fuel shortage?

Comment

BC gets most of its gas from BC (Ft St John Area) so far as I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by voice of reason View Post

BC gets most of its gas from BC (Ft St John Area) so far as I know.
                                I think he meant gasoline.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X