Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To sous or not to sous?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by juice View Post

I have done beef roasts (including one tri-tip), pork butt, and ribs. I don't keep notes, so any info would be from memory, but feel free to ask any specific questions you have.

I don't know if overnight will be long enough to make that much difference on a brisket. You might need 24-36 hours in the bath. But from what I've read online, the beauty is you can bath it whenever, then chill it and smoke it back up to temp anytime, only needing a few hours on the smoker. Which I believe is what you're looking for. You also don't need to take it all the way up around 200į to get similar (perhaps even better?) results.
    How long do you do beef roasts for? I did one for 28 hours and wasnít happy with the results. Iím thinking it was too short as the roast was a bit chewy. It was also a bit pink for our liking so next time Iíll up the temp as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by d-slice View Post

How long do you do beef roasts for? I did one for 28 hours and wasnít happy with the results. Iím thinking it was too short as the roast was a bit chewy. It was also a bit pink for our liking so next time Iíll up the temp as well.
      Depends on the roast. A lean sirloin tip is good with 24-30 hours, but something like a chuck or blade, with lots of connective tissue, needs 48 hours or more. The one I did at Christmas for my family I left in for about 70 hours and it had the texture of a good prime rib.
      Is it May yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by juice View Post

Depends on the roast. A lean sirloin tip is good with 24-30 hours, but something like a chuck or blade, with lots of connective tissue, needs 48 hours or more. The one I did at Christmas for my family I left in for about 70 hours and it had the texture of a good prime rib.
        Thanks for the info. It was a blade so that would be my problem. I will try it again for much longer next time!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X