Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To sous or not to sous?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • To sous or not to sous?

    That is the question.

    What things have you tried to sous vide, that have not worked very well, and what things have you had great success?

    What have been some of your great experiments?

    Also, please share your successes with a vacuum sealer, because I finally got to use one, and I think it can save a lot of money, and make for a lot better eating.

    I am thinking of using the machines for blanching vegetables. It will be good to have a supply of mixed vegetables that are already in a vacuum sealed bag to put in the freezer.

    I am also going to try something with tomatoes, although I’m not sure if it will be salsa, or preserve tomatoes, that I can throw in the freezer.

  • #2

    Lotus—please answer “No” and move along. You have ****ed up a lot of good sous vide threads. Let those who are interested have a positive thread for their future reference.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ROFLMAO View Post
      Lotus—please answer “No” and move along. You have ****ed up a lot of good sous vide threads. Let those who are interested have a positive thread for their future reference.
      What if you cooked sous vide while riding in an Uber? :lol:

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by squish View Post

        What if you cooked sous vide while riding in an Uber? :lol:
        Now that you mention it there could be a potential Uber market in the Peebles/Neudorf area transporting hookers and their clients during weekends and holidays including (still in the planning stage) an annual "Run With The Coyotes" event.

        I plan on using an Uber Limo with an on-board food and beverage service, I was thinking of installing a "cook while U drive" glass "See Thru" Sous Vide machine specializing in Corn Dogs cooked in Condoms.

        PM me if anyone out there is interested in a investment opportunity.
        Last edited by Lotus; 05-21-2018, 08:20 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Lotus View Post

          Now that you mention it there could be a potential Uber market in the Peebles/Neudorf area transporting hookers and their clients during weekends and holidays including (still in the planning stage) an annual "Run With The Coyotes" event.

          I plan on using an Uber Limo with an on-board food and beverage service, I was thinking of installing a "cook while U drive" glass "See Thru" Sous Vide machine specializing in Corn Dogs cooked in Condoms.

          PM me if anyone out there is interested in a investment opportunity.
          Hey easy on pebbles and neudorf!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Ghostrider View Post

            Hey easy on pebbles and neudorf!
            Are you a natural or a member of the Alien community?

            If and when I get up and running I'll give you a discount. Just use the code words "Jake Brake".
            Last edited by Lotus; 05-21-2018, 12:02 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Lotus, are you finished?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by squish View Post

                What if you cooked sous vide while riding in an Uber? :lol:
                While going to a Trump appearance wearing an NRA hat and listening to Ted Nugent
                Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

                Comment


                • #9
                  Pretty much anything can be done successfully using sous vide, it's all about finding the right cooking temp and cooking time.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I went to a fight the other night, and a Sous Vide thread broke out.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Lotus View Post

                      Are you a natural or a member of the Alien community?

                      If and when I get up and running I'll give you a discount. Just use the code words "Jake Brake".
                      “Jake Brake” got ya. Always on

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I've had two vac sealers. They are great inventions. The first one just plain bit the dust but it worked well No s*** I spent over a 1000$ on food at Costco mostly meat and planned on vac sealing most it and freezing it when the first machine died. I had to run down to Crap Co to buy another one. I spent more money on the second one, Food Saver. It just plain works better.

                        I won't wander into the Sous Vide debate.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Sofaking View Post
                          I've had two vac sealers. They are great inventions. The first one just plain bit the dust but it worked well No s*** I spent over a 1000$ on food at Costco mostly meat and planned on vac sealing most it and freezing it when the first machine died. I had to run down to Crap Co to buy another one. I spent more money on the second one, Food Saver. It just plain works better.

                          I won't wander into the Sous Vide debate.
                          There's a debate?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ROFLMAO View Post
                            I went to a fight the other night, and a Sous Vide thread broke out.
                            I'm pretty sure you wanted to stir the pot with this thread, .

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by LongTimeRiderFan View Post

                              There's a debate?
                              No not really it's just people yelling at each other.

                              Comment

                              Announcement

                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

                              Announcement

                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X