Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FSIN petitioning for new prosecutor in the Boushie shooting trial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tickdog View Post

You have been wasting my money for far too long already.
    Not enough of it. Need more tick... crack open that dusty old wallet!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mallard View Post

Well, I believe that's why the "residential schools" were established in the first place, to get the "Indian-ness" out of them, the propensity to be lazy and criminals. And we all know how well that worked out.
      Indians were nomadic. Hunters and gatherers. Fight with other tribes. Steal other tribes horses and women. Call it learned. Call it genetics. Whatever it is, it's the same mentality they have today. It just doesn't fit in our society now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proudtobegreen View Post

Indians were nomadic. Hunters and gatherers. Fight with other tribes. Steal other tribes horses and women. Call it learned. Call it genetics. Whatever it is, it's the same mentality they have today. It just doesn't fit in our society now.
        So this kinda sums it up I guess. They are seen as being born as lesser human beings by some. No wonder it makes no difference to just shoot em.

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post

So this kinda sums it up I guess. They are seen as being born as lesser human beings by some. No wonder it makes no difference to just shoot em.
          😲 you just said a whole lot there, that I never said, never alluded to, or even thought in my mind. You better go have a rest after jumping to such a grand conclusion.

Comment

So this kinda sums it up I guess. They are seen as being born as lesser human beings by some.
            Actually, I tend to agree with veteran (and highly respected) Saskatoon PS member Ernie Louttit (Indian Ernie) who says that nothing says natives are 2nd class citizens louder than the need to provide special sentencing considerations for native convicted criminals (ie Gladue).

Comment

😲 you just said a whole lot there, that I never said, never alluded to, or even thought in my mind. You better go have a rest after jumping to such a grand conclusion.
              Hey, you were the one that finally had the stones to admit what a lot of people in this thread and elsewhere didn't want to, and thats that native people are inherently more likely to be thieves and kidnappers, as though it is in their DNA ("call it genetics"). They are lesser human beings as a result one could say...and if that's not what you mean, just what did you mean by the statement?

Comment

Why is there no pride? We took it from them. All they know is that they are a bunch of criminal dumb inidans because thats all we ever tell them they are, what would ever make them want to change?
                What would ever make them want to change? What the.... Oh I don't know if it were me I'd work my butt off to try to make something of myself and provide a good life for my kids. I don't think I'd sit around feeling sorry for myself thinking well Gee people think I'm a dumb criminal I guess there's no point in trying to change anything. I'd work my butt off and prove everyone wrong

Comment

Hey, you were the one that finally had the stones to admit what a lot of people in this thread and elsewhere didn't want to, and thats that native people are inherently more likely to be thieves and kidnappers, as though it is in their DNA ("call it genetics"). They are lesser human beings as a result one could say...and if that's not what you mean, just what did you mean by the statement?
                  I'm not sure where this "lesser human beings" keeps coming from, other than your own head. I have all kinds of understanding for people with genetically inherited problems, ie:alcoholism. My post was simply to show that we are fighting a problem that is genetically ingrained/inherited from many generations ago. It's really no different than someone trying to change the way you or I do something, or western society in general. It's a learned behavior.

And then the comment, "no wonder it makes no difference to just shoot them." That came totally from left field. I'd like you to show me where I said either of these things in my post, other than you trying to think, somehow, what was in my head.

Further more to the "shooting" thing. Are you not promoting waiting for the court case to see what evidence there is against Boushie? But it's fair to say might as well just shoot them? You read way too much into my post, and then decide that you know me well enough to make ridiculous statements that I supposedly was thinking.

I have had first nation friends. Worked with them. Went to school with them. And yes, even graduated with the first 2 that ever graduated from our small town school, oh ya, and voted for one of them to be our valedictorIan.

Comment

I'm not sure where this "lesser human beings" keeps coming from, other than your own head. I have all kinds of understanding for people with genetically inherited problems, ie:alcoholism. My post was simply to show that we are fighting a problem that is genetically ingrained/inherited from many generations ago. It's really no different than someone trying to change the way you or I do something, or western society in general. It's a learned behavior.

And then the comment, "no wonder it makes no difference to just shoot them." That came totally from left field. I'd like you to show me where I said either of these things in my post, other than you trying to think, somehow, what was in my head.

Further more to the "shooting" thing. Are you not promoting waiting for the court case to see what evidence there is against Boushie? But it's fair to say might as well just shoot them? You read way too much into my post, and then decide that you know me well enough to make ridiculous statements that I supposedly was thinking.

I have had first nation friends. Worked with them. Went to school with them. And yes, even graduated with the first 2 that ever graduated from our small town school, oh ya, and voted for one of them to be our valedictorIan.
                    Well those two obviously weren't more genetically predisposed to go to war or steal other's women, so maybe that rhetoric was not particularly well thought out.

Comment

Well those two obviously weren't more genetically predisposed to go to war or steal other's women, so maybe that rhetoric was not particularly well thought out.
                      Or maybe it was. Sorry that you don't like history, or are you saying that's not how they lived? And maybe those 2 were able to rise above it, as others have been able to do to.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_G View Post

What would ever make them want to change? What the.... Oh I don't know if it were me I'd work my butt off to try to make something of myself and provide a good life for my kids. I don't think I'd sit around feeling sorry for myself thinking well Gee people think I'm a dumb criminal I guess there's no point in trying to change anything. I'd work my butt off and prove everyone wrong
                        Exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by coralharbour View Post

Exactly.
                          Then why are so few doing that? No lack of opportunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

Only they can answer that, the opportunity is there, but like you said they need to want to change or get help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

There certainly are. Three levels of government, every police department, all the Crown Corporations and lots of private firms are thirsting to hire aboriginals & particularly women.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X