Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSIN petitioning for new prosecutor in the Boushie shooting trial

http://www.leaderpost.com/fsin+backs...222/story.html

I have confidence in the Sask Justice prosecutor but, as long as FSIN isn't choosing an out of province alternative, I wouldn't have a problem with a new one being brought in. As far as I'm concerned if they go out of province they will get one that is equal to what we already have so any change at this point would be cosmetic.

Given the potentially explosive nature of this particular trial it might be a good idea to go out of province. The cover your arse practice might be the best route for the crown to take. In this case, perceptions are vital because for most people, you and I included, perceptions are reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd_from_Glen_Ewen View Post
      Given the potentially explosive nature of this particular trial it might be a good idea to go out of province. The cover your arse practice might be the best route for the crown to take. In this case, perceptions are vital because for most people, you and I included, perceptions are reality.
      So people that live in Saskatchewan just can't be fair? To heck with that. I don't care how much whining is done. Next they will ask this be handled at the UN because Canadians can't be fair.

Comment

I don't really understand the reason to change the venue, because the Crown isn't communicating with the family? Tainted evidence? Has anyone read an article or heard a news report on mishandling of the evidence?

Comment

Originally posted by nachocheese View Post
          I don't really understand the reason to change the venue, because the Crown isn't communicating with the family? Tainted evidence? Has anyone read an article or heard a news report on mishandling of the evidence?
          Isn't there an issue with the car being misplaced??

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post

Isn't there an issue with the car being misplaced??
            I though after the crown was done with it they wanted to tow it off for disposal and then the defense came a calling and asked what's up with that
            Last edited by nachocheese; 05-19-2017, 01:58 PM. Reason: spelling of course

Comment

I though after the crown was done with it they wanted to tow it off for disposal and then the defense came a calling and asked what's up with that
              http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...mise-1.3819161

Comment

Oops it was the family lawyer that came along and said what's up with that

Comment

Yeah, about the car.

Comment

I'm okay with this, but I'm not okay with might turn into too many requests of a do-over.

Comment

Originally posted by ROFLMAO View Post
                      I'm okay with this, but I'm not okay with might turn into too many requests of a do-over.
                      I am not. Giving in on this just means every trial will be subjected to the same craziness.

Comment

If the family feels the investigation is not up to snuff, they are most likely right. The crown's history when it comes to indigenous rights and relations is terrible.
                        Doesn't matter who tries the case though if the cops evidence gathering was mailed in, which is very possible.

Comment

Originally posted by dodgeandburn View Post
                          If the family feels the investigation is not up to snuff, they are most likely right. The crown's history when it comes to indigenous rights and relations is terrible.
                          Doesn't matter who tries the case though if the cops evidence gathering was mailed in, which is very possible.
                          Indigenous people following the law is also terrible, so there is that...

Comment

Neither the family (of the victim or of the defendant ) nor any pressure group (on any side) should have a voice in the choice of a crown prosecutor or an investigator. Leave law in the hands of the legal system.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

Indigenous people following the law is also terrible, so there is that...
                              Classic.

What law did Boushie break that warranted getting whacked?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X