Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Transat done with Regina and Saskatoon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
    I can't believe we keep losing flights. You'd think the remaining flights would be bursting at the seams. Or are WestJet/Air Canada adding more flights/capacity to the existing Toronto/Calgary/Vancouver routes?
    I am surprised air Canada hasn't gone to a bigger plane on Toronto flights. I have flown Regina to Toronto probably 4 times in the last year and the flights both ways are always full. They have always flown the E90, maybe they have added flights instead ( I know they have a red eye they didn't before that we flew in July). The thing is in Minneapolis or Denver were still an option we would have flown that route instead of Toronto on some of those flights.

Comment

Originally posted by coralharbour View Post
      Minot, for crying out loud, has decent service to Minneapolis, Denver & Houston.
      Never thought of that.

What are the logistics? Do you drive to Minot and park somewhere long term? Where would that be and what does it cost?

If you are going somewhere south, most likely you would have to overnight anyway in Toronto. I like my chances and prices better in Minot. It is a nice little city. I lived in Toronto for six years and still dislike the place after 40 years.

Comment

Originally posted by coralharbour View Post

When a city one fifth the size of Regina can provide service via major carriers to Minneapolis, Denver & Houston and Regina can't provide service to just one of those destinations something is wrong.
        Yeah, we're not an American city where they can make that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprout View Post

Never thought of that.

What are the logistics? Do you drive to Minot and park somewhere long term? Where would that be and what does it cost?

If you are going somewhere south, most likely you would have to overnight anyway in Toronto. I like my chances and prices better in Minot. It is a nice little city. I lived in Toronto for six years and still dislike the place after 40 years.
          Driving somewhere to fly somewhere just seems rather inefficient ...

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post

It would have to be one hell of a deal

Comment

Originally posted by Giventofly View Post

It would have to be one hell of a deal
              I also prefer both Westjet and Air Canada to United or American .....

Comment

I also prefer both Westjet and Air Canada to United or American .....
                For sure. There's a pretty decent Westjet sale on right now.

Comment

Perhaps it is. I do like the idea of driving to a nice little city like Minot that is pleasant and maybe catching a southern flight to warmer climes in the US. I still don't know where I could park long term in Minot for couple of weeks.

Comment

Comment

I'm driving from pa to regina this summer to fly to vegas rather than saskatoon. saving over $400.

Comment

Now what the **** do I do with my $800 Transat credit...

Comment

Originally posted by Bignorm View Post

I am surprised air Canada hasn't gone to a bigger plane on Toronto flights. I have flown Regina to Toronto probably 4 times in the last year and the flights both ways are always full. They have always flown the E90, maybe they have added flights instead ( I know they have a red eye they didn't before that we flew in July). The thing is in Minneapolis or Denver were still an option we would have flown that route instead of Toronto on some of those flights.
                          But I love the Embraer ... seats are much better than the Westjet 737 ...

Comment

Sort of unavoidable for some of us. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Grainshoveler View Post

Sort of unavoidable for some of us. Lol
                              Ya sorry .... I live 10 minutes from Regina airport so it just seems counterproductive to drive to Minot or Billings? Etc to catch a cheaper flight.

Comment

Ya sorry .... I live 10 minutes from Regina airport so it just seems counterproductive to drive to Minot or Billings? Etc to catch a cheaper flight.
                                I'm out in the middle of nowhere ....2.5 hrs to Regina.. ...1.5 to Minot....3.5to Winnipeg

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X