Instant Pot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juice View Post
    Apparently you can get a sous vide attachment for them, so you can boil your meat.
    Just another useless item you can add to the "Instant Pot" as well that allows those who do not know how to cook or are too impatient to take the time to cook food the way it was meant to be cooked.

Sure lets add food to a plastic bag and then into a pressure cooker.The melted plastic will add another dimension of "crust" to your food.

If you use good quality meats and vegetables and take the time to prepare them properly there is no need for these "gadgets" to cover up the inability to cook. If that is impossible you may as well as just fill up your freezer with frozen prepared meals and the only cooking item you will need in your kitchen is a microwave oven.
    Last edited by Lotus; 12-06-2017, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac View Post
      We've had one of these sitting in our pantry for a year now. Keep meaning to look up/ask others for good recipes. Anyone care to share?

Would love to use it now that it's getting chillier out and won't be bbqing/smoking as much.
      I'm old fashioned so this won't help. Grilll the stew beef in a hot frying pan covered in flour, salt and pepper just to sear it. Throw it into a slow cooker with beef broth, potatoes, carrots, and onions and whatever else for vegetables you can find, throw in a package of stew seasoning.. Wait 8 hours and eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

I'm old fashioned so this won't help. Grilll the stew beef in a hot frying pan covered in flour, salt and pepper just to sear it. Throw it into a slow cooker with beef broth, potatoes, carrots, and onions and whatever else for vegetables you can find, throw in a package of stew seasoning.. Wait 8 hours and eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotus View Post

Just another useless item you can add to the "Instant Pot" as well that allows those who do not know how to cook or are too impatient to take the time to cook food the way it was meant to be cooked.

Sure lets add food to a plastic bag and then into a pressure cooker.The melted plastic will add another dimension of "crust" to your food.

If you use good quality meats and vegetables and take the time to prepare them properly there is no need for these "gadgets" to cover up the inability to cook. If that is impossible you may as well as just fill up your freezer with frozen prepared meals and the only cooking item you will need in your kitchen is a microwave oven.
          Yeah, it's all about not taking the time. Like the sirloin tip I cooked for 24 hours last weekend with my Anova.

As for "the way it was meant to be cooked" I've never seen a steer that came with a cooking manual. Can you send me a copy?
          Is it June yet?

Comment

Originally posted by juice View Post

Yeah, it's all about not taking the time. Like the sirloin tip I cooked for 24 hours last weekend with my Anova.

As for "the way it was meant to be cooked" I've never seen a steer that came with a cooking manual. Can you send me a copy?
            Talk about a severe injustice aimed towards a prime cut of beef. Did you use lots of garlic to hide the taste of warm plastic? If there were prime beef police you would be doing life without parole.

Comment

Talk about a severe injustice aimed towards a prime cut of beef. Did you use lots of garlic to hide the taste of warm plastic? If there were prime beef police you would be doing life without parole.
              No taste of plastic, or garlic. Salt, pepper, paprika and a bit of chili powder if you must know.

Roast beef is my wife's favourite meal. This was the first time I'd ever cooked one this way, and she said it was better than any she'd ever eaten. If you didn't seem like such a delightful person and I thought I could handle it, I'd invite you over to try it some time.

Any luck finding that manual that God wrote to tell us how good was meant to be cooked? Is it in the back pages of the Old Testament somewhere?
              Is it June yet?

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac View Post
                We've had one of these sitting in our pantry for a year now. Keep meaning to look up/ask others for good recipes. Anyone care to share?

Would love to use it now that it's getting chillier out and won't be bbqing/smoking as much.
                Here you are: https://recipes.instantpot.com/

Comment

This comment is the equivalent of a fat guy telling his doctor that cholesterol is just a marketing gimmick. If you've never used either device... And clearly don't understand how they work (or why they're used), why comment?

I understand you're looking for internet praise from others who've never used either device but you come across as an absolute idiot (no offense intended) when making fun of either device.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Fan View Post

This comment is the equivalent of a fat guy telling his doctor that cholesterol is just a marketing gimmick. If you've never used either device... And clearly don't understand how they work (or why they're used), why comment?

I understand you're looking for internet praise from others who've never used either device but you come across as an absolute idiot (no offense intended) when making fun of either device.
                    Only an absolute idiot would cook and eat anything cooked for 24 hours in a plastic bag simmering in warm water.(no offence intended)
                    Last edited by Lotus; 12-07-2017, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Only an absolute idiot would cook and eat anything cooked for 24 hours in a plastic bag simmering in warm water.(no offence intended)
                      You do realize that the best chefs in the world use different techniques with pressure cookers/ Sous Vide, and other devices that have niche purposes? It doesn't boil down to a simplistic argument of 'good ingredients and knowing how to cook'. The trick is knowing how to use the tools properly to get their max benefit and the most out of the food, not just writing them off as a gimmick.

Comment

Three absolute idiots in our house, I guess. We ate it and we loved it.

Get a life (no offence intended).
                        Is it June yet?

Comment

Can I slice a tomato with a band saw? Yep. Is it the best tool for the job because I've "always cut "high quality" tomatoes with a band saw"?....

Comment

Kitchen appliance/gadget threads always turn into some entertaining scrappin.

Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post
                              Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post
                              It is funny. Politics, Religion, Durant and Kitchen Gadgets. All 4 have 1 thing in common. Everyone seems to have a strong opinion of one side of the argument... And everyone who doesn't agree is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Fan View Post
                                Can I slice a tomato with a band saw? Yep. Is it the best tool for the job because I've "always cut "high quality" tomatoes with a band saw"?....
                                hahah this reminds me of the guy 'doing it wrong' in the infomercial right before they show you the wonderful new product.

Announcer:
                                Everyone knows cutting tomatoes is a big chore *shows frustrated tomato band saw guy*, but not anymore, not with the TomatoMaster 5000!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X