Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instant Pot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instant Pot

Lots of buzz lately around the Instant Pot multi use cooker and how great it is. Was a big seller for Black Friday.

Has as anyone used one? Does it live up to the hype? What are your favorite recipes?

Here I thought this was about a chia pet that grows weed.

Comment

Ever watched "Jingle all the way"?
      recreate that movie with the Instant Pot replacing Turboman and you have an accurate representation of the demand for that product currently.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum View Post
        You and me, both. Very disappointed.
        You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by the speed of light squared... ...then you energy.

Comment

We have one and use it a fair bit. We use it as a pressure cooker, for rice, as a slow cooker, etc. and it does all of those things well. We bought it to eliminate some of the clutter in the kitchen, as it allowed us to get rid of some other cooking devices.

​​

Comment

We have one and my wife loves it. She's done soup, roasts and chicken in there. You can cook a full rotisserie chicken in 30 minutes. Definitely worth the money.

Comment

Apparently you can get a sous vide attachment for them, so you can boil your meat.
              Is it May yet?

Comment

Originally posted by juice View Post
                Apparently you can get a sous vide attachment for them, so you can boil your meat.
                You're going to trigger someone......

Comment

Do you recommend beating the meat first or just straight boiling it?

Comment

Originally posted by steve04 View Post

Very important to always prepare your meat before hand and let it properly rest afterward.

Comment

And we’re off......
                      Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Originally posted by steve04 View Post

Dealer's choice. Though it may be a little tender after boiling.
                        Is it May yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum View Post
                          I thought it was going to be about, um, erm, "pot"
                          #keepthepromise

Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Comment

https://www.cbsnews.com/videos/the-i...-all-the-rage/

Video on it, since I did not know what it was.
                            #keepthepromise

Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                              We have one and use it a fair bit. We use it as a pressure cooker, for rice, as a slow cooker, etc. and it does all of those things well. We bought it to eliminate some of the clutter in the kitchen, as it allowed us to get rid of some other cooking devices.

​​
                              My big worry, my wife will kill me if I drag another useless kitchen appliance into the house. We have no storage for these things. I do rice on the stove in a pot with no problems. We do have a slow cooker, not used much though. What else will this do?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X