Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who here uses Spotify

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here uses Spotify

Who here uses Spotify? Who here uses the app, and would be interested in sharing playlists they have made/found that are good, based on interests they identify?

I noticed that Amazon Music is now free with Prime in Canada (I think), so I'm going to give it a go and maybe switch.

I love Spotify because I can download to my device to play at the lake (outside of cell range) or download at home and not use up data. I haven't looked at Amazon to see what it can do yet, or the depth of its catalogue.

Comment

Originally posted by ROFLMAO View Post
      Who here uses Spotify? Who here uses the app, and would be interested in sharing playlists they have made/found that are good, based on interests they identify?
      Aren't there already millions of playlists that are already shared by the millions of Spotify users?

What am I missing here?

Comment

Originally posted by ROFLMAO View Post
        I do, I love it. Have premium through my phone on a 2yr timeline. As for playlists, just listen to music you enjoy, and through that it shows you other playlists people have created that has the song youíve listened to. That coupled with the Daily Mix playlists it creates of your song library should introduce you to a whole lot more music.

Comment

And after you "save" or add enough songs, your Discover Weekly and Release Radar playlists become targeted pretty nicely at your tastes.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
            I noticed that Amazon Music is now free with Prime in Canada (I think), so I'm going to give it a go and maybe switch.

I love Spotify because I can download to my device to play at the lake (outside of cell range) or download at home and not use up data. I haven't looked at Amazon to see what it can do yet, or the depth of its catalogue.
            Amazon currently has about a million tracks, compared to Spotify's almost forty.

Comment

Originally posted by pappcam View Post

Aren't there already millions of playlists that are already shared by the millions of Spotify users?

What am I missing here?
              I WAnt people I can interact with and discuss music and have examples in playlists.

Comment

pappcam , can you merge this with, ďWhat are you listening to?Ē
                Thanks

Comment

I used it for awhile but like slacker which I also used neither of them could seem to come up with music I actually liked. My kid uses Spotify premium for free. I don't know how he does it and really don't want to know tbh lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post
                    I used it for awhile but like slacker which I also used neither of them could seem to come up with music I actually liked. My kid uses Spotify premium for free. I don't know how he does it and really don't want to know tbh lol.
                    I donít know Sofa, I think itís pretty easy to find other bands based on your listening choices. Iíll listen to a playlist suggested, find a bunch of songs I like, go to those artists, then find others, kinda snowballs. Although I met a guy at a party a few weeks ago who was adamant he wouldnít listen to something like Spotify, as he didnít want companies dicatating who he listened to. He apparently liked ďdifferentĒ music. I asked if Spotify had his bands he liked, he couldnít answer. Iíve found every band Iíve searched except for one. And a Canadian and I thought relatively popular one as well. Powder Blues.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeywalters View Post

I donít know Sofa, I think itís pretty easy to find other bands based on your listening choices. Iíll listen to a playlist suggested, find a bunch of songs I like, go to those artists, then find others, kinda snowballs. Although I met a guy at a party a few weeks ago who was adamant he wouldnít listen to something like Spotify, as he didnít want companies dicatating who he listened to. He apparently liked ďdifferentĒ music. I asked if Spotify had his bands he liked, he couldnít answer. Iíve found every band Iíve searched except for one. And a Canadian and I thought relatively popular one as well. Powder Blues.
                      It sounds good in theory but just hasn't been my experience and probably because of lack of patience on my part. I'll find a song that I like from a metal band for instance so I like that, next thing you know I am bombarded with metal rock which I don't generally like just because I happened to like 1 song from 1 artist that put out a top 40 hit, like CCR boom all of a sudden you are a hippie.

Like I said the problem is probably my lack of patience If I found a playlist from someone with similar interests then maybe it would work better.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

... If I found a playlist from someone with similar then maybe it would work better.
                        Which is my purpose for the thread.

Comment

Spotify is pretty damn good, and I hate "popular music" and hate being told what to listen to. I have discovered tons of diverse, new to me bands. Sound quality is barely passable, and the Android app is flaky, but otherwise it is an incredible value.

Keep in mind this is coming from a cranky anachronist that has never stopped buying/listening to vinyl LPs.

Comment

Originally posted by aberrant View Post
                            Spotify is pretty damn good, and I hate "popular music" and hate being told what to listen to. I have discovered tons of diverse, new to me bands. Sound quality is barely passable, and the Android app is flaky, but otherwise it is an incredible value.

Keep in mind this is coming from a cranky anachronist that has never stopped buying/listening to vinyl LPs.
                            You can up the quality in the settings. You just end up using more data.

Comment

Originally posted by aberrant View Post

I know you are an audiophile so am surprised you use spotify at all. Like you said sound quality is barely passable.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X