Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regina Snow Route

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by St. Anger View Post
    is it summer yet
    Cancelled.

Comment

Warming up to -18 on Monday. Might have to paint the fence.

Comment

Originally posted by rockford35 View Post
        Warming up to -18 on Monday. Might have to paint the fence.
        And cut the lawn.

Comment

City of Regina‏ @CityofRegina 20m20 minutes ago

Snow Routes Declared! 24-hour parking ban IN EFFECT starting at 6 a.m. February 14 to 6 a.m. February 15. http://Regina.ca/snowroutes #YQRTraffic #YQR

Comment

After picking the daughter up from University last night I was wondering if I missed the announcement of a sand shortage.

Every intersection was glare ice
            Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post
              After picking the daughter up from University last night I was wondering if I missed the announcement of a sand shortage.

They've been skimpy on the sand all winter.

Comment

Apparently when its this cold it all just slides off anyway I believe I read one explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Agreed. It took me 4 light change sequences to turn left on to 9th N from McCarthy yesterday afternoon, because only one car could get through per advance arrow. Everyone was slipping around and couldn't get going. I wondered why they hadn't sanded it.

Comment

Originally posted by chester68 View Post

Agreed. It took me 4 light change sequences to turn left on to 9th N from McCarthy yesterday afternoon, because only one car could get through per advance arrow. Everyone was slipping around and couldn't get going. I wondered why they hadn't sanded it.
                    The worst interaction I experienced yesterday was McCarthy and Rochdale. That was brutal
                    Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Haven't they been trying to use that new liquid stuff for melting the ice?

Comment

Originally posted by kbench55 View Post
                        Haven't they been trying to use that new liquid stuff for melting the ice?
                        But you donít want ice melting at -30, itís just going to refreeze. You want sand to provide traction in freezing weather.

Comment

Originally posted by go riders View Post

But you donít want ice melting at -30, itís just going to refreeze. You want sand to provide traction in freezing weather.
                          Yep. Pure sand is the only thing that even remotely works at -30.

Comment

Originally posted by go riders View Post

I'm not saying I agree with it, just what I heard on the radio. As far as I know its the same stuff they use on airport runways, it melts the ice and it evaporates.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X