Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regina Snow Route

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regina Snow Route

The city declared Snow Routes in effect Sunday 6am to Monday 6am because we'd had enough snow to trigger the cleaning. Can't recall what the threshold is.

The Snow Routes (5km total) are:
    - Victoria Avenue between Broad Street and Winnipeg Street
    - Winnipeg Street between Victoria Avenue and College Avenue
    - College Avenue between Winnipeg Street and Arcola Avenue

When they declare the snow route, the parking ban goes into effect for 24 hours so those streets can be cleared curb to curb. Anyone who parks there will be ticketed $120; this time they only issued warnings because I expect they are still getting the notification email sign-up set up.

It shouldn't surprise me people are bitching on social media that it's a tax grab by the city and that people ignored the bans. They should've towed people around the corner. That would've got their attention. Why can other cities figure snow removal out, but we can't?

Oh man
    I just read that law . That's crud .

Cant wait until the next CCM to voice my opinion on this woeful act . 120$ Fine LOL...

" Could happen at anytime " it states
    Especily if u r in the Bahamas

Comment

Originally posted by carmen16 View Post
      ... It shouldn't surprise me people are bitching on social media that it's a tax grab by the city and that people ignored the bans. They should've towed people around the corner. That would've got their attention. Why can other cities figure snow removal out, but we can't?
      Per the city: Snow routes will be declared when snowfall has reached a minimum of 5 cm of snow.
      More details here: https://www.regina.ca/residents/wint...-a-snow-route/

Since the purpose is to provide a curb to curb clearing, towing would accomplish that more than a fine. What if you can't find parking, though? We had the same debate with the annual street sweeping.

Comment

Originally posted by regina View Post
        Oh man
        I just read that law . That's crud .

Cant wait until the next CCM to voice my opinion on this woeful act . 120$ Fine LOL...

" Could happen at anytime " it states
        Especily if u r in the Bahamas
        If you’re in the Bahamas you shouldn’t be parked on the street anyways. Isn’t there a 24 hour limit?

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post

If you’re in the Bahamas you shouldn’t be parked on the street anyways. Isn’t there a 24 hour limit?
          Yup. Illegal to park on the street, in the same spot, for longer than 24 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy_boy View Post

I'm sure people are abiding by that law as well

Comment

If you aren't abiding by the bylaws .. expect to get towed.

Storing vehicles on the street is my biggest pet peeve. I have zero sympathy for people who choose to do so.
              Last edited by imschatz; 11-06-2017, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by imschatz View Post

If you aren't abasinf by the bylaws .. expect to get towed.

Storing vehicles on the street is my biggest pet peeve. I have zero sympathy for people who choose to do so.
                Generally, parking infractions are very easy to avoid. I've gone my whole life without receiving an infraction. Don't park facing the wrong way, don't block fire hydrants, and don't park really close to driveways and intersections. Everyone knows the rules, but LOVES to complain when they get caught.

Comment

Originally posted by green_machine_#1 View Post

Generally, parking infractions are very easy to avoid. I've gone my whole life without receiving an infraction. Don't park facing the wrong way, don't block fire hydrants, and don't park really close to driveways and intersections. Everyone knows the rules, but LOVES to complain when they get caught.
                  There was a vehicle parked across the street from my house for a week. Eventually a parking enforcement officer came to ticket the vehicle, and parked her car in front of my house blocking a small portion of my driveway. I thought about calling parking enforcement on them, it would have been funny to see parking enforcement called out to give a ticket to another parking enforcement vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by imschatz View Post

If you aren't abiding by the bylaws .. expect to get towed.

100% agreed. Saskatoon is TERRIBLE for its lack of enforcement in this area. Constantly plowing snow "around" cars that have been there for days, even weeks. We're supposed to have a more "traditional" Saskatchewan winter this year, hopefully the City will enforce snow route rules and tow and fine offenders.
                    ZC gets another chance to feed cram sammiches!

Comment

Hopefully the snow route pilot works and they expand it. Its an inconvenience for those who live on those streets however the benefits to the public of having arterial streets cleared completely is worth while.

As for those storing cars on the street they should enforce the 24 hour limits more, I have neighbours who have had cars on the street and not moved them for days and weeks on end

Comment

Originally posted by tommy_boy View Post

What is the fine for blocking snow removal?

Comment

Originally posted by jenius View Post

What is the fine for blocking snow removal?
                          $110 I think, might be an early payment discount like there is with other parking tickets.

Comment

I don't know if it's the school bus driver, garbage truck driver, or just an angry neighbour but parking enforcement is in my parents area multiple times a week checking. And it's just strictly residential and on a bay with very little traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by green_machine_#1 View Post

I guarantee you've committed infractions countless times, it's just that's nobody complained.

The average person who parks in front of their house after work is violating the 24 hour bylaw. Technically you'd have to park on a different block or side of the street to satisfy that. But when all 20 neighbors violate equally by parking in front of their own homes, nobody complains, nobody gets a ticket.

There's other obscure rules that are almost never enforced, such as 10 meters minimum set back from an intersection.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X