Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time Change on Sunday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by squish View Post

I nominate the cheesburger as the official Provincial Burger of Saskatcehwan.

From the map, they sure look like they are defined by the provincial borders.Yes, in theory, Mountain is "centred" on 105 west, sun at its peak at noon and all that, but if thats the case, Calgary should probably be in Pacific time, but that would be ridiculous, as there would be no mountains in the mountain time zone. The time zones now are what they are on the map, and Regina sits on the eastern edge of Mountain. THe actual centre of Mountain is nowhere near 105. More like the Alberta/Sask border.
    The map shows which time zone provinces follow, not the actual timezone. This is where all your confusion comes from. Provinces arbitrarily decide which time zone to follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nos View Post

The map shows which time zone provinces follow, not the actual timezone. This is where all your confusion comes from. Provinces arbitrarily decide which time zone to follow.
      As do all the states, as do all the other countries. So it kind of makes the theoretical "sun at noon over 105 degrees west" argument a little pointless if everyone who actually uses time is deciding on their own which zone to put themselves in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnum View Post
        That map needs updated NE BC, Northern Rockies Regional District voted to stay Pacific year round joining Fort St.John and Dawson Creek.
        We're not Pacific year round. The Peace region is the same as Saskatchewan as in that we don't change time. The map is correct, in the winter we're in the Mountain time zone, Pacific in the summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clambake View Post
          It must be hard for the workers at Stonehenge to keep moving those rocks back and forth.

Sorry, I saw a funny meme todsy. I am not really sure how to post it from this phone.
          Fellow government workers will appreciate this, but I like to say that only the government would lead you to believe that cutting 2 feet off the top of a blanket and sewing it onto the bottom gives you a longer blanket

Comment

• Originally posted by nernzi19 View Post

We're not Pacific year round. The Peace region is the same as Saskatchewan as in that we don't change time. The map is correct, in the winter we're in the Mountain time zone, Pacific in the summer.
            Sorry, not pacific year round.

NRRD is now the same time as the Peace Region year round, are they not?

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnum View Post

Sorry, not pacific year round.

NRRD is now the same time as the Peace Region year round, are they not?
              I'm not 100% sure, but I think so. All I know is that being a different time than the rest of the province half the year is a hassle work-wise as everything for us is run out of Vancouver

Comment

• Originally posted by nernzi19 View Post

I'm not 100% sure, but I think so. All I know is that being a different time than the rest of the province half the year is a hassle work-wise as everything for us is run out of Vancouver
                I hear you. I lived in Dawson Creek for 3 years and our work group was part of the Alberta group. Winter was fine but having to catch an 8 am flight out of Grande Prairie to go to a meeting meant some early mornings leaving DC.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X