Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What music are you listening to?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just landed in Austin. Seeing an alt-country singer tomorrow named Ruston Kelly at a small downtown venue. Heís a really good singer / songwriter with a bit of country and folk in him but not the polished pop country.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post
        Just landed in Austin. Seeing an alt-country singer tomorrow named Ruston Kelly at a small downtown venue. Heís a really good singer / songwriter with a bit of country and folk in him but not the polished pop country.
        Love 6th Street!

Comment

• Originally posted by go riders View Post

Love 6th Street!
          6th Street delivered! What a fun few nights. Off to Nashville now!

Comment

Nashville is fun. Lots of history, great music and great restaurants.

Comment

Lots of Shiner Bock?

Comment

• Originally posted by go riders View Post

Lots of Shiner Bock?
                Haha none but many Lonestars.

Comment

• Gotta say it again, Colter Wall, and his latest album "Songs of the Plains" that he released last fall is really just fantastic. I see he's touring the world now, but if and when he comes back here I gotta see him.

This catchy tune is from his previous self-titled album:

Last edited by squish; 02-04-2019, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post
                    Gotta say it again, Colter Wall, and his latest album "Songs of the Plains" that he released last fall is really just fantastic. I see he's touring the world now, but if and when he comes back here I gotta see him.

X2. I was just going to come in and post this, Squish. He's very good.

Been listening to a lot of Ray Wylie Hubbard lately as well.

Comment

My wife and I are going to Nashville end of October. I've heard so much good stuff about that city; can't wait to check it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post
                        Gotta say it again, Colter Wall, and his latest album "Songs of the Plains" that he released last fall is really just fantastic. I see he's touring the world now, but if and when he comes back here I gotta see him.

That is pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Hold View Post

My wife and I are going to Nashville end of October. I've heard so much good stuff about that city; can't wait to check it out.
                          Youíll really enjoy it. It is pretty commercialized and very Las Vegas like on Broadway but itís sometning to really see. Tootsies Orchid Lounge is a neat spot with three levels and a different band playing each time. The Johnny Cash museum on 3rd is really cool to walk through. There are some great spots though off the regular tourist hot spots for some real authentic music. I ended up at a singer / songwriter night that was just incredible. Four singers taking turns playing their own music acoustically.

If you like BBQ thereís several really solid spots too.

At that time of the year you may be able to catch a Titans or Predators game if youíre into the NFL or hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Hold View Post

X2. I was just going to come in and post this, Squish. He's very good.

Been listening to a lot of Ray Wylie Hubbard lately as well.
                            This makes sense, I remember you getting me into Lucinda Williams in one of these threads many years ago. I've enjoyed her stuff ever since.

Comment

• Originally posted by imschatz View Post
                              New Arkell's Album - Rally Cry ... is outstanding. From first to last track every song is worth listening too.
                              Originally posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post

I hope to see them again when they come through Calgary again.
                              Well .. that was an incredible show. I heard their shows were good but that is an understatement.

Comment

• Originally posted by imschatz View Post

Well .. that was an incredible show. I heard their shows were good but that is an understatement.
                                I was wondering if you made it last night, pal. I definitely agree, it was a great concert.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X