Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Walking Dead

Let the war begin. Should see some regulars get knocked off this season.

Ya friggin Pigeon

Good start to the season.

Hope you got your sh*tting pants on, cause your about to sh*t your pants....lol
    Ya friggin Pigeon

Comment

Yup it was a good start to the season. We will see how it progresses.

Comment

I know I'm banging my head against the wall by complaining about plot holes, etc. But when Neegan and his cronies come out of the building, and they DON'T get clipped, that was frustrating. Imagine how eager the lieutenants would have been to surrender if Neegan and his number 2 guy had been blasted as soon as the walked out the door.

Comment

Good episode. I'm still annoyed by Negan's speechifying, by the ham acting of the guy who plays him, & by his presence apparently being so stupefying that a dozen or so guys armed with full- & semi-auto rifles just can't bring themselves to turn him into a colander when he's standing twenty feet in front of them, unprotected. But I've had lots of time to get used to that.

Comment

Don't know why Fear The Walking Dead got a 2 hour season premiere and finale and TWD only gets an hour and 7 mins? That was my biggest complaint. All that waiting then the episode seemed to fly by.

RE: Plot hole, its not really a plot hole, They didn't kill the lieutenants because they only want to kill negan - cut the head off the snake - but even then it's mainly only rick and maggie who would have the most reason to want him dead (as far as we know really) and Gabriel was kind of getting into Ricks ear about bigger picture then personal vendetta

Comment

Originally posted by taynted_fayth View Post
              Don't know why Fear The Walking Dead got a 2 hour season premiere and finale and TWD only gets an hour and 7 mins? That was my biggest complaint. All that waiting then the episode seemed to fly by.

RE: Plot hole, its not really a plot hole, They didn't kill the lieutenants because they only want to kill negan - cut the head off the snake - but even then it's mainly only rick and maggie who would have the most reason to want him dead (as far as we know really) and Gabriel was kind of getting into Ricks ear about bigger picture then personal vendetta
              FTWD only sort of got 2 hour preimier/finale's. In truth they just showed back to back episodes. The last half of that season was not 8 episodes, it was 6 and double up on each end.

Comment

Originally posted by voice of reason View Post

FTWD only sort of got 2 hour preimier/finale's. In truth they just showed back to back episodes. The last half of that season was not 8 episodes, it was 6 and double up on each end.
                Yup. Gotta say FTWD has really picked up since season 2B. I really like this season.

Comment

Originally posted by taynted_fayth View Post

It's still a plot hole because as Oldguard said, they were only about 20 feet away. They could have clipped Neegan and left (most of) the sidekicks intact.

I kinda want the series to come to an end. I like it, but I want to see how it all ends. Yes, I could go and read the books, but I'm invested in the TV version.

Comment

Originally posted by Cflgridiron View Post

Yup. Gotta say FTWD has really picked up since season 2B. I really like this season.
                    That FTWD episode with Alicia in the bunker was intense. Still not a big fan of Madison, Victor seems to get away with more than he should and they have gotten quite lax with the whole smear blood to trick the walkers...but all in all it was a great season.

I have not been much of a fan of The Walking Dead since they got to Alexandria. Still watch every episode, but a lot of the dialogue seems really forced and each episode has some scenes that make me shake my head.

Comment

Originally posted by bigger_ken View Post
                      I have not been much of a fan of The Walking Dead since they got to Alexandria. Still watch every episode, but a lot of the dialogue seems really forced and each episode has some scenes that make me shake my head.
                      I could not put my finger on the problem, but read a review a few weeks ago that I think nailed it. There are just too many characters, to care about them all and the ones I don't care about take a bunch of screen time from those I do. It also seems like the don't ask the question "Would<Insert Character Name> as we have developed them, really do that thing in this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by voice of reason View Post

I could not put my finger on the problem, but read a review a few weeks ago that I think nailed it. There are just too many characters, to care about them all and the ones I don't care about take a bunch of screen time from those I do. It also seems like the don't ask the question "Would<Insert Character Name> as we have developed them, really do that thing in this situation.
                        I think that is a good summary. It also feels like they are constantly building up the hype for some amazing showdown to happen, only for something kinda lame to play out like what happened in the season premier. 'Well, we didnt get him..... but lets just assume these walkers will take care of it and we can drive away even though we clearly have the firepower and tools to end this right now'.

Comment

I find myself becoming increasingly annoyed with stupid decisions made by Rick and company. Seriously, just shoot Negan. There’s at least 30 people there armed with guns and it’s a clear shot, just shoot the guy. Not to mention whoever sniped the guys off the roof could surely hit Negan as well. Hell, you could announce to his lieutenants that you’re going to shoot Negan, he’s too arrogant to move.

Good writing shouldn’t count on characters making unrealistic decisions to further the plot or build suspense.

Comment

I can't really go into detail without spoiling the entire season about the assumed "plot hole" but it really isn't. But hypothetically they take that clear shot on Neegan and suddenly the remaining saviours open fire on the Alexandrian/HillTop/Kingdom folk and risk further casualty. The plan as seen in the episode was to herd a horde of Walkers to the Sanctuary and basically trap the saviours and render them out of commision from further interference going forward.

I will say though that in the comics it wasn't 20 feet away between the A/HT/K and Neegan, he was on a balcony and the plan was to simply shoot out the windows of the sanctuary to make enough noise to bring the walkers. Once they opened fire he runs back inside. I get why people would say "just shoot" but were talking about tv here, and like movies, sometimes you just gotta roll with it

Comment

Could people that read the comics and know what's going to happen in the future, please restrain themselves from commenting about it in this thread. There are some like myself that don't read the comics and would like whatever happens to be a surprise. It's just common courtesy
                              Ya friggin Pigeon

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X