Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sleep Apnea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Don Mega View Post

I had that pillow mask during my trial period. When I actually bought a machine I saw another ResMed pillow mask that was originally more expensive, but on sale for less than the P10. Probably was a mistake, and I will likely end up getting the P10 anyway eventually.
    Let me know how it goes? I might consider the P 10 as well, because I donít like it swivelling when I go to my side, either

Comment

• Originally posted by ROFLMAO View Post

Every day?
      I was told to do it once per week, which is what I aim for. Its a pain the arse still, but gotta be done I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmac View Post

I was told to do it once per week, which is what I aim for. Its a pain the arse still, but gotta be done I guess.
        If you donít do it you risk bacteria that your body already hosted, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by ROFLMAO View Post

Let me know how it goes? I might consider the P 10 as well, because I donít like it swivelling when I go to my side, either
          I'm also looking at a couple of Fisher & Paykel masks that look interesting. If/when I do buy a new mask, I will post about it here.

Comment

• Just a bit of an update now that I have had my machine for a few months.

I am getting better at sleeping with a mask on. I can sleep on my back again now that I don't have to worry about snoring or stopping breathing. But I now realize why I started sleeping on my side in the first place: my back gets very stiff and sore if I sleep on my back for long periods. I can sleep on my side with the mask, but it does lose the perfect seal and can be a bit noisy.

I have both a nasal mask and a nasal pillows mask. I am using the nasal mask exclusively now. The pillows mask I have is much noisier than the one I had in my trial test.

I clean the air tubes and mask every week using dish soap. I rinse the reservoir out every day and let it dry out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Mega View Post
              Just a bit of an update now that I have had my machine for a few months.

I am getting better at sleeping with a mask on. I can sleep on my back again now that I don't have to worry about snoring or stopping breathing. But I now realize why I started sleeping on my side in the first place: my back gets very stiff and sore if I sleep on my back for long periods. I can sleep on my side with the mask, but it does lose the perfect seal and can be a bit noisy.

I have both a nasal mask and a nasal pillows mask. I am using the nasal mask exclusively now. The pillows mask I have is much noisier than the one I had in my trial test.

I clean the air tubes and mask every week using dish soap. I rinse the reservoir out every day and let it dry out.
              Good to hear the machine is working out for you. It does take a little to get used to it but no regrets once you do.

I broke down and purchased the So Clean and I love it. It is a good investment and cleans everything at once daily including the straps.

Comment

• Originally posted by inspector7 View Post

Good to hear the machine is working out for you. It does take a little to get used to it but no regrets once you do.

I broke down and purchased the So Clean and I love it. It is a good investment and cleans everything at once daily including the straps.
                Any "pulp mill smell" once cleaned? This was mentioned by another poster.

Where did you purchase your So Clean and how much?

Comment

• Originally posted by Iggy Pop View Post

I use wipes and do not get that smell after, but I know the smell you are talking about

Comment

• Originally posted by Iggy Pop View Post

There is a little smell after clean and you put it on but does not last long and does not bother me. Keeps everything perfectly clean. I am a combination of really busy and lazy so I was terrible at cleaning anything other than the nose pads. I bought it at Prairie Oxygen in Saskatoon and it was right around $600.00 taxes in but also included another lid and that gasket inside the lid. My gasket had black mould and they told me to throw it away. My insurance plan would not cover it but I can claim it against income tax.

Comment

• I was tested and told I average 12 apneaís per hour. Iíve been using the machine for 2 weeks, I seem more alert but am in the fence about committing to the machine for a mild case. For those of you who bought online, is there any downside to not going through a brick/mortar store? I assume thereís no help or support but would I really need it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                        I was tested and told I average 12 apneaís per hour. Iíve been using the machine for 2 weeks, I seem more alert but am in the fence about committing to the machine for a mild case. For those of you who bought online, is there any downside to not going through a brick/mortar store? I assume thereís no help or support but would I really need it?
                        I bought mine online and I wondered the same thing. There is nobody monitoring the information that the machine is collecting, so no adjustments to the machine are being made. I will say that I looked online to see how I can make adjustments to my machine myself. The only thing I adjusted was to increase the minimum pressure. If I would have bought the machine through the sleep center where I did my trial of a CPAP machine, I'm sure they would do the adjustments, etc. But, their price was almost triple for the exact same machine.

Comment

I was tested and told I average 12 apneaís per hour. Iíve been using the machine for 2 weeks, I seem more alert but am in the fence about committing to the machine for a mild case. For those of you who bought online, is there any downside to not going through a brick/mortar store? I assume thereís no help or support but would I really need it?
                          mine was over 100, needless to say the machine is a lifesaver for me...not a zombie any more either

Comment

There are some on-line shops that will give you help or support if you buy from them. I have bought my machines and masks all on-line because they were considerably cheaper than the bricks and mortar store and any info or help I have gotten from forums. Changing your own pressures is easy, just google your machine and it will tell you how. On ResMed machines, it is holding 2 buttons together for a few seconds. I just can't remember which buttons at the moment. Shop around on-line too as there can be a fair difference in prices and shipping charges too.

Comment

• Originally posted by flatlandriderfan View Post

There are some on-line shops that will give you help or support if you buy from them. I have bought my machines and masks all on-line because they were considerably cheaper than the bricks and mortar store and any info or help I have gotten from forums. Changing your own pressures is easy, just google your machine and it will tell you how. On ResMed machines, it is holding 2 buttons together for a few seconds. I just can't remember which buttons at the moment. Shop around on-line too as there can be a fair difference in prices and shipping charges too.
                              There is also free software online you can download to view your data https://sleepyhead.jedimark.net/

Comment

• My ResMed machine has its own app you can load onto your phone. It tells me basic info from the previous night's sleep: how long the machine was on, how good the mask seal was, how many times you took the mask off, and how many events per hour. It rates all those categories and gives you a score out of 100. I seem to average around 0.5 events per hour since using the machine. That's the good news. The bad news is that I believe I'm not getting a good night's sleep because of the comfort level of wearing the mask.

I have sent a pre-determination to my insurance provider for 2 replacement masks. If they approve, I have 2 other masks I have been looking at that might work better for me.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X