Saskatchewan Government launches cannabis survey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bates View Post

I wonder what public reaction will be when the inevitable day comes when someone self-identifies as Black or Native or White despite physical evidence to the contrary??
    Never heard of Grey Owl?
    Big ol' turkey sammich! MMMMMMM!

Comment

I wonder what public reaction will be when the inevitable day comes when someone self-identifies as Black or Native or White despite physical evidence to the contrary??
      Lol. Physical evidence? Are you from South Africa?

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post
        I took the survey, I think it was well conceived and asked the right questions. One of the "strongly" ones I put was that in no way should municipalities make their own laws banning cannibis usage or growth. I just hope this isn't setting us up with our bible-belt government for continued criminalization in the face of national legalization.
        I took that question more to do with things like where you can and can't use it. Much like the city regulates smoking (you can't have a smoke in a park anymore as of July 1 in Regina for example).

Comment

Originally posted by Bignorm View Post

I took that question more to do with things like where you can and can't use it. Much like the city regulates smoking (you can't have a smoke in a park anymore as of July 1 in Regina for example).
          If it's a controlled substance like liquor, then they shouldn't need to have municipal laws.

Comment

Originally posted by go riders View Post

If it's a controlled substance like liquor, then they shouldn't need to have municipal laws.
            Good Point, that also opens up the door to local regulations as Squish pointed out. The municipal regulations could zone things as such making it difficult to sell in a given location.

I said in the survey the liquor store infrastructure is already in place so why not use it (at least initially). Once the market and supply chain etc are more defined then the governments can choose to stay in or exit the market.

Comment

I believe it was July 15, but your point is valid.

Comment

Originally posted by wheels View Post

Lol. Physical evidence? Are you from South Africa?
                Dont understand?? If people with male DNA and penis can feel female how is it not ok for a White skinned person to feel Black?

Comment

Dont understand?? If people with male DNA and penis can feel female how is it not ok for a White skinned person to feel Black?
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Dolezal

In June 2015, Dolezal came to media attention when her European American parents stated publicly that Dolezal was a white woman passing as black. Their statement followed Dolezal's reports to police and local news media that she had been the victim of nine hate crimes;[9][11][12] however a subsequent police investigation did not support Dolezal's allegations.[13] Dolezal's critics contend that she has committed cultural appropriation and fraud; Dolezal and her defenders contend her racial identity is genuine while not based on biology or ancestry.[14] In a November 2015 television interview, Dolezal publicly stated for the first time since the controversy began that she was born white but still identified as black.[15][16][17]
                  note: I bolded the statements. They were not bold in the original article.

Comment

Kind of what I got too. Since it appears that they won't be allowing edibles, I'm assuming most people will be smoking it. And since you can't smoke pretty much anywhere in Regina anymore, that sure restricts the use of it anyways. Wondering how that will work.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac View Post

Kind of what I got too. Since it appears that they won't be allowing edibles, I'm assuming most people will be smoking it. And since you can't smoke pretty much anywhere in Regina anymore, that sure restricts the use of it anyways. Wondering how that will work.
                      I assume that the federal legislation will be similar in how provincial legislation limits where alcohol can be consumed.

Comment

Originally posted by go riders View Post

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Dolezal

note: I bolded the statements. They were not bold in the original article.
                        JFC where is the craziness going to end??

Comment

Originally posted by RiderHard View Post

Insane that a government asks this question.
                          It must have been such a hardship for you to select "Male". Who cares? How does that affect you in any way whatsoever?

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac View Post

Oils will be allowed same as people that vape now. Teas I suspect will either be allowed or made on their own. (Teas are very popular with the older users in the medical area I have read.)

Comment

I can accept the gender one, what exactly is involved in a white person feeling black? What does that even mean? What are they feeling?

Comment

I guess it comes down to will you allow people to smoke, or vape any of the cannabis products in a smoking area or should it be in a designated use zone? There are a LOT of questions\problems\discussion items around this and decisions are going to have to be made very soon! Anyone that doesn't do the survey shouldn't be in a position to complain.
                                Personally I am just glad that it is being decriminalized and in would hope that anyone in the past that had a possession charge would have their record for that expunged!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X