Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacing Knife Handles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Knife Handles

Oh if I had a nickel for every time I posted on this topic...

Anyone know where in Regina I could get some wooden handles replaced on chef/kitchen knives. The blades are fine but the wooden handles have de-laminated and are crumbling off. Cutting Edge Cutlery in the Vic Square Mall doesn't do repairs. Before I spend good money on new knives I just want to see what it might cost to have new handles made.

Any advice is appreciated.

Originally posted by Doug123 View Post

Anyone know where in Regina I could get some wooden handles replaced on chef/kitchen knives. The blades are fine but the wooden handles have de-laminated and are crumbling off. Cutting Edge Cutlery in the Vic Square Mall doesn't do repairs. Before I spend good money on new knives I just want to see what it might cost to have new handles made.

Well, if you are looking for some hahas and the other option is tossing them, consider a DIY project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7QApIxD3Xs

#keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Originally posted by Doug123 View Post

I know a local knifemaker that could help you out. He has some stuff of his stuff on Instagram @made_by_jon and you can reach him at made.by.jonb@gmail.com if you're interested in talking to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

Well, if you are looking for some hahas and the other option is tossing them, consider a DIY project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7QApIxD3Xs
        Oh lordy. If you knew my distinct lack of DIY skills. And adding sharp metal objects to the mix? I'll just donate 2 pints of blood now to speed things along.

Comment

Originally posted by thunder40 View Post

I know a local knifemaker that could help you out. He has some stuff of his stuff on Instagram @made_by_jon and you can reach him at made.by.jonb@gmail.com if you're interested in talking to him.
          Thanks for the suggestion. I'll drop him a line.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lotus View Post
              Oh, did the electrical tape fix a year ago and that sense of DIY accomplishment has since worn off.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X