PDA

View Full Version : Scotties Little Hotties

Pages : [1] 2

Slow
02-19-2011, 01:50 PM
Today the Scotties starts.. I know it is early but who are your favorites for the Riderfans Hotties award?

I'm thinking there should be 2 classifications

1. Overall Hottie

2. The Cougar Hottie

nickjordan
02-19-2011, 01:51 PM
It's a bummer that the cuties from PEI didn't make it back.

Canuckmedic
02-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Gotta include pics.

DJ Rider MJ
02-19-2011, 03:15 PM

Oh PEI <3

Ike
02-19-2011, 03:30 PM
How about Kim Schneider she is a real cutie.

tommydouglas
02-19-2011, 05:25 PM

They didnt? Crap. Screw the Scotties then.

sheldon
02-19-2011, 05:51 PM
Gotta include pics.

THIS

Slow
02-20-2011, 12:00 AM
Team Canada's Third is cute.. Jen Jones not so much.

I-Like-Pie
02-20-2011, 12:15 AM
http://www.curling.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/NB.png

http://www.curling.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/jones.png

http://www.curling.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/MediaZone_Feb19.jpg

I-Like-Pie
02-20-2011, 12:23 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/seasonofchampions/5459443379/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Lyle E. Style
02-20-2011, 03:24 AM
Jennifer Jones is the standard by which all hotties are judged. She's not a junior anymore but she's also pretty smart, 4 time canadian champion.

Cheryl Bernardin of Alberta would have been on the all-cougar list but she got whipped in ALberta and couldn't attend the canadian scotties.

Jones third is only 22 so she'll appeal to all younger male no-minds.

Overall, the hottest curlers might be Emma Miskew of Ontario (3rd) but one of the prettiest women on the planet is the fifth player for Team PEI - her name is Trish "Stratus" Affleck and someone will no doubt post a great pic of her for all to see. She's spectacular!

Lyle E. Style
02-20-2011, 03:27 AM
Here's an article on Trish Affleck......

http://www.theguardian.pe.ca/Sports/2011-02-15/article-2240845/Ready-for-duty/1

brewmaster
02-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Jennifer Jones is the standard by which all hotties are judged.

Maybe once upon a time, but she's no longer even the hottest person on her team, far from the hottest Manitoban at the Scotties (Breanne Meakin) and not even in the top dozen at this event.

wist
02-20-2011, 03:34 PM
Maybe once upon a time, but she's no longer even the hottest person on her team, far from the hottest Manitoban at the Scotties (Breanne Meakin) and not even in the top dozen at this event.

The 3rd?

danno
02-20-2011, 03:43 PM
The 3rd?

No, Breanne Meakin is the Fifth.

http://www.curling.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/BreanneMeakin-3.jpg

http://sportmanitoba.ca/images/eventimages/scholarship_presentations/miltstegall2010_breannemeakin.jpg

Canada's Team
02-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Changing the direction of the thread a little....

Nothing better than Team Canada losing big time to Saskatchewan.

Way to go Holland and Co.!

Elgaard 81
02-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Changing the direction of the thread a little....

Nothing better than Team Canada losing big time to Saskatchewan.

Way to go Holland and Co.!

this, cue the whining about ice conditions by Jones

Joe 747 Adams
02-20-2011, 04:07 PM
Princess Jones' new third is attractive.

wist
02-20-2011, 04:41 PM

Yep

Hngkng
02-20-2011, 07:21 PM
I think Team Ontario has maybe the 2 hottests.

http://www.teamhoman.com/uploads/1/1/6/0/1160971/8201927_orig.jpg
http://www.teamhoman.com/uploads/1/1/6/0/1160971/1897473_orig.jpg

brewmaster
02-20-2011, 08:08 PM
No, Breanne Meakin is the Fifth.

Yes, she is the fifth for this event but has been Cathy O's third for much of the season. She was not available for Manitoba playdowns b/c she was skipping a rink at junior nationals (finishing third after SK stole the win from her in the semifinal) so they picked up Fallis, who has not looked good at the Scotties from what I have seen (haven't checked the percentages to verify). If they want to take a shot at making the playoffs they might consider getting Breanne back in the lineup.

Green Ba$tard
02-20-2011, 08:21 PM
http://www.curling.ca/championships/scotties/teams/

ridergreengirl
02-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Not really concerned about who is hot as far as the looks go but Amber Holland and her crew were pretty hot against Jennifer Jones. Nice to see Team Canada get beat early and by Team Sask was the bonus. Team Sask has started off the Scotties very nicely. Keep it up!

rider89ers
02-20-2011, 08:31 PM
that 3rd on Ontario is pretty frign hot...the 3rd on Manitoba looks dirty Oh yah!

Hngkng
02-20-2011, 09:09 PM
that 3rd on Ontario is pretty frign hot...the 3rd on Manitoba looks dirty Oh yah!
http://www.teamhoman.com/uploads/1/1/6/0/1160971/1897473_orig.jpg

Shes such a babe!

Canada's Team
02-20-2011, 09:12 PM
And Saskatchewan wins again!

3-0

Ike
02-20-2011, 10:05 PM
Not really concerned about who is hot as far as the looks go but Amber Holland and her crew were pretty hot against Jennifer Jones. Nice to see Team Canada get beat early and by Team Sask was the bonus. Team Sask has started off the Scotties very nicely. Keep it up!

Ya hopefully they dont peak on Tuesday or Wednesday like has happened before with Sk. teams. Jennifer usually starts slow but by playofftime is unbeatable maybe that will change this yr.

Tyree
02-20-2011, 10:07 PM
Ya hopefully they dont peak on Tuesday or Wednesday like has happened before with Sk. teams. Jennifer usually starts slow but by playofftime is unbeatable maybe that will change this yr.

I hope Jones is on her last spin around the bowl before she gets swept down the hole. Go Sask!! :)

Lyle E. Style
02-20-2011, 10:18 PM
You guys really like to punish Jones for all her wins over the last half decade. The torch may be passing to teams like Homan and Holland but Jones won't go down without a fight.
Funny stuff - on the Curling Zone site they refer to Jones front end as Bettie Page and Red Sonja! :)

Canada's Team
02-20-2011, 11:26 PM
You guys really like to punish Jones for all her wins over the last half decade. The torch may be passing to teams like Homan and Holland but Jones won't go down without a fight.
Funny stuff - on the Curling Zone site they refer to Jones front end as Bettie Page and Red Sonja! :)

I don't mind a winner. I just don't like the attitude she displays.

Ike
02-20-2011, 11:43 PM
I hope Jones is on her last spin around the bowl before she gets swept down the hole. Go Sask!! :)

Her young third may be the right choice in the long run but right now she may miss Kathy O more than she thought she would.

Slow
02-20-2011, 11:48 PM
I don't mind a winner. I just don't like the attitude she displays.
I'd tell everyone what I think of her attitude but I don't want to take the hit of getting a PM from a mod telling me how many more points I'm being nailed with.. :(

Canada's Team
02-21-2011, 11:35 AM
And Saskatchewan wins again.
Just beat Alberta to go 4-0, tied with Ontario.

Lotus
02-21-2011, 11:59 AM
http://www.seasonofchampions.ca/2008ccqw/images/MediaZone/2008112914545.jpg

http://www.universalsports.com/mm/Photo/Sports/General/46/20/36/462036_M23.jpg

Sofaking
02-21-2011, 02:40 PM
You can do better than that tough, they both look like there trying to push a deuce.

SuzieQ
02-21-2011, 02:56 PM
I'd tell everyone what I think of her attitude but I don't want to take the hit of getting a PM from a mod telling me how many more points I'm being nailed with.. :(

Didn't like the attitude before, but gassing CahtyO while they were still reigning as team Canada was pretty brutal. Jen was bad most of the last scotties and in the final, and wouldn't be wearing the red and white right now if it wasn't for Cathy.

I to hope she gasses it.

wist
02-21-2011, 03:03 PM
You can do better than that tough, they both look like there trying to push a deuce.

Don't judge, he might be into that. :P

Elgaard 81
02-21-2011, 03:14 PM
Don't judge, he might be into that. :P

dirty sanchez

brewmaster
02-21-2011, 04:20 PM
The All Beef Team:

Skip: Kerry Galusha, NWT
Third: Denise Nowlan, NB
Second: Tammy Schneider, SK
Lead: Teri Lake, NS

Grayson Tiger
02-21-2011, 04:34 PM
The All Beef Team:

The Alison Goring All Stars!

fansince'83
02-21-2011, 06:31 PM
The All Beef Team:

Umm...no.

Gforce
02-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Bc sub nice to look at too, sub coming in because sasha carter is 7 months pregnant, who is hot in her own right...

Gforce
02-21-2011, 09:06 PM
Hilarious jennifer jones misses a wide open double takeout, completely misses both rocks, crowd erupts with applause as they are playing pei

coralharbour
02-21-2011, 09:19 PM
The Alison Goring All Stars!

Ouch

Joe 747 Adams
02-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Another loss for Princess Jones.

That's a shame.

ridergreengirl
02-21-2011, 09:50 PM
Another loss for Princess Jones.

That's a shame.

Can't say I am too upset about that. Very excited that Team Saskatchewan is doing so well. Still unbeaten. Their game against Ontario is going to be THE game of the week.

GO TEAM SASK!

Gforce
02-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Manitoba vs Team Canada coming up tomorrow, that will be another epic matchup, manitoba probably will be out of it by then, but both teams will likely want to win that one despite what they say in the media!

Giventofly
02-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Has attendance been bad since the beginning of the tourney? I just flipped on the tube and there is like 100 people in the seats.

szarka33
02-22-2011, 11:26 AM
Has attendance been bad since the beginning of the tourney? I just flipped on the tube and there is like 100 people in the seats.

Looked like a Bomber game..;)

Grayson Tiger
02-22-2011, 12:17 PM

It was sold out last night. Apparently the first scotties sell out since Regina in 1998 (unconfirmed).

Ike
02-22-2011, 12:48 PM
The All Beef Team:

How in the world does Kelly Scott or Kathy O not make this team I guess they could be alternate and coach.

Ike
02-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Bc sub nice to look at too, sub coming in because sasha carter is 7 months pregnant, who is hot in her own right...

If I heard right they said she is from SK. as well.

Lyle E. Style
02-22-2011, 01:04 PM
There's a new hottie in town and her name is Breanne Meakin - came in for Team Manitoba this morning to replace the hag playing third!

Meakin' is freakin' smokin''''........

SuzieQ
02-22-2011, 01:18 PM
If I heard right they said she is from SK. as well.

From small town Sask. originally.

We export a lot of curlers!

rybo
02-22-2011, 01:29 PM
So what is the list of Saskatchewanian's in the Scotties this year?

Nova Scotia:
Mark Dacey

Ontario:
Sherry Middaugh

SK:
Amber Holland
Kim Schneider
Tammy Schneider
Heather Kalenchuk
Jolene Campbell
Merv Fonger

AB:
Shannon Kleibrink
Amy Nixon
Chelsey Bell

BC:
Shannon Aleksic

Do I have this correct?

SuzieQ
02-22-2011, 01:38 PM

Nova Scotia:
Mark Dacey

Ontario:
Sherry Middaugh

SK:
Amber Holland
Kim Schneider
Tammy Schneider
Heather Kalenchuk
Jolene Campbell
Merv Fonger

AB:
Shannon Kleibrink
Amy Nixon
Chelsey Bell

BC:
Sasha Carter

Do I have this correct?

The aforementioned 5th for BC Shannon Aleksic.

Gforce
02-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Holland now the only undefeated team at 6-0, and looking at her schedule, she plays against the bottom feeders the rest of the way...She plays:

Yukon/ NWT
New Brunswick
Newfoundland
BC

Not unreasonable for her to go 3-1, 2-2 at worst....

I say she is guaranteed a 8-2 record minumum, but yeah I know anything can happen when you play a team with nothing to lose.

Lyle E. Style
02-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Holland now the only undefeated team at 6-0, and looking at her schedule, she plays against the bottom feeders the rest of the way...She plays:

Yukon/ NWT
New Brunswick
Newfoundland
BC

I say she is guaranteed a 8-2 record minumum, but yeah I know anything can happen when you play a team with nothing to lose.

She has five games left but even if she goes 3-2 she'll be homefree at 9-2.....after thrashing the Ontario Fashion Models this afternoon!

danno
02-22-2011, 05:13 PM

Yukon/ NWT
New Brunswick
Newfoundland
BC

BC will be tough as they have something to prove after a very ugly start. But I see she also still has to play Nova Scotia's Heather Smith-Dacy, that will be another tough game. I can't see NWT, NB or NL beating Holland, she should go no worse than 9-2.

brewmaster
02-22-2011, 05:17 PM
11-0 is possible and 10-1 is easily within reach. Very, very impressive. So now all the folks whining that it should have been Lawton can close their pie-holes.

rybo
02-22-2011, 05:23 PM
11-0 is possible and 10-1 is easily within reach. Very, very impressive. So now all the folks whining that it should have been Lawton can close their pie-holes.

Lawton crashes and burns under pressure which is unfortunate, but proven by history. She will be back, but the right team is representing SK this year.

Gforce
02-22-2011, 05:23 PM
BC will be tough as they have something to prove after a very ugly start. But I see she also still has to play Nova Scotia's Heather Smith-Dacy, that will be another tough game. I can't see NWT, NB or NL beating Holland, she should go no worse than 9-2.

Oops yeah I missed Nova Scotia, yeah 9-2 sounds right. Wouldn't be surprised if she went 10-1, she seems very poised this time around, and determined to make a name for herself.

Ike
02-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Ya I wouldnt mind seeing her lose 1 or two just so when playoffs come they are down to earth and ready to go. Because 9 and 2 should very easly get her first.

Lyle E. Style
02-22-2011, 06:03 PM
At this point 10-1 or 9-2 is almost automatic FIRST PLACE!

Lyle E. Style
02-22-2011, 06:04 PM
Steffi Lawton does not possess the even temper of Amber Holland.

She may have the odd 90% game but also has some dump-offs!

I wish Holland had taken my favourite Sask'n lady as her fifth - ie. Sherry Singler.

coralharbour
02-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Off topic, I know but ... what do people think about Team Canada dumping Cathy O over the summer? I'm not a particular fan of Cathy O but it seems to me she deserved to be a member of Team Canada. I wonder if they shouldn't put in a rule whereby the entire team returns to be TC unless there is a medical reason or a retirement.

GoBlueBombers
02-22-2011, 07:26 PM

Nova Scotia:
Mark Dacey

Ontario:
Sherry Middaugh

SK:
Amber Holland
Kim Schneider
Tammy Schneider
Heather Kalenchuk
Jolene Campbell
Merv Fonger

AB:
Shannon Kleibrink
Amy Nixon
Chelsey Bell

BC:
Shannon Aleksic

Do I have this correct?

I can't hold my tongue reading this garbage thread...

Everyone's bashing Jones left, right and centre. Geez...

The people listed above have a grand total of zero Scotties wins. Jones has won the last three Scotties, and she's a lifetime Manitoban. She has, INARGUABLY, been the best female curler in Canada for the past half decade. I don't care if Holland finishes with a great record in the round robin - that doesn't prove a whole lot. It's the play-offs that matter.

Jones has only ever finished the Scotties round robin in first place once, and that was in 2005. Every other time she's made a comeback to win it all in the playoffs. I see no reason to believe she won't do the same.

rybo
02-22-2011, 07:45 PM

The people listed above have a grand total of zero Scotties wins. Jones has won the last three Scotties, and she's a lifetime Manitoban. She has, INARGUABLY, been the best female curler in Canada for the past half decade. I don't care if Holland finishes with a great record in the round robin - that doesn't prove a whole lot. It's the play-offs that matter.

Jones has only ever finished the Scotties round robin in first place once, and that was in 2005. Every other time she's made a comeback to win it all in the playoffs. I see no reason to believe she won't do the same.

Nice generalization batman. The comments about Jones have been pretty mild here. There has been worse things written about SK curlers. Geez. Go back to Russia.

Nate's Pissing Post
02-22-2011, 07:46 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Jennifer Jones...

Joe 747 Adams
02-22-2011, 07:52 PM
There is no doubt that Jennifer Jones is one of the best female curlers that Canada has produced.

Too bad she is perceived as a ***** in the way she handled the Cathy O. situation.

Lyle E. Style
02-22-2011, 08:26 PM
There is no doubt that Jennifer Jones is one of the best female curlers that Canada has produced.

Too bad she is perceived as a ***** in the way she handled the Cathy O. situation.

Looks like Jones made the right move. Take a look at Crabby Cathy's record at this years Scotties?

Jones is still viable - Crabby O. is fighting to avoid the cellar!

Canada's Team
02-22-2011, 08:57 PM
Looks like Jones made the right move. Take a look at Crabby Cathy's record at this years Scotties?

Just to argue with you, when was the last time Cathy O. skipped at the national level?

fansince'83
02-22-2011, 09:35 PM

Jones is a great curler no doubt, just like the other Jones before her. However, like the other Jones, Jennifer does things to rub people the wrong way. For me personally, this is not just the Cathy O situation (I have no problem with making a change, however the way it was handled will open Jenn up to criticism).

I feel similar about the Lawton team and how they have treated some former members of their team.

Fizz
02-22-2011, 09:54 PM
Getting back to the hottie thing.
Heather Smith Dacey is pretty hot in my books. :)

CalgaryRiderFan
02-22-2011, 10:11 PM

Hey sport, that post you quoted listed people with Sask connections at the Scotties. That why Jones isn't there. Mike WBB is right, you are an embarrassment to Winnipeg fans, starting with your reading comprehension skills

Gforce
02-22-2011, 11:06 PM
Getting back to the hottie thing.
Heather Smith Dacey is pretty hot in my books. :)

Totally agree, so much curling eye candy, so little time....

GoBlueBombers
02-23-2011, 01:20 AM
Hey sport, that post you quoted listed people with Sask connections at the Scotties. That why Jones isn't there. Mike WBB is right, you are an embarrassment to Winnipeg fans, starting with your reading comprehension skills

I am fully aware of what the subject of the list was. I was not in any way/shape/form stating that Jones should have been among the names on the list (notice how I referred to her as a "lifetime Manitoban"?). My point was that people are bashing Jones despite the fact that's she's clearly the numero uno of women's curling in Canada - I backed this point with a strong fact: that none of the names on the list of curlers hailing from Saskatchewan have won a Scotties, yet Jones has won the last 3. You see, despite the fact that people are generally turned off by the fact that Jones kicked Cathy-O off her team, I don't see an issue with it. Was it a nice thing to do? No, it wasn't. But when you're the top dog, you're allowed to bend the rules of courtesy from time to time... Plus, the reason that she didn't want Cathy on her team wasn't because Cathy's playing was poor. The reason she let Cathy go was that Jenn wants to win an Olympic medal in 2014, and by that time Cathy will be 45. Jenn made the choice to begin training a younger player (ie. Lawes) in the hopes that she would develop into an excellent third over the next few years and be at the top of her game come 2014, not at the tail-end of it.

For someone who is quick to call out the abilities of other people when it comes to reading comprehension, you're not exactly a scholar yourself, "sport".

And as for my popularity on this forum, I really don't care who does/doesn't like my posts. It's a free forum for anyone to post what they wish, so I partake in it. Mind you, maybe I should stop. After all, this thread isn't exactly the epitome of class. "Scotties Little Hotties"? Boo.

tommydouglas
02-23-2011, 02:44 AM
Yet you clicked on it didnt ya "sport". Dont try n cover up the fact you were hoping to see pics of top level Scotties trim just like the rest of us.

CalgaryRiderFan
02-23-2011, 09:04 AM
"You're lucky she even curls for you bastards. Leave Jennifer alone!"

blackhalos
02-23-2011, 09:12 AM
Less talk more pictures!!!

brewmaster
02-23-2011, 09:43 AM
My point was that people are bashing Jones despite the fact that's she's clearly the numero uno of women's curling in Canada.

Great curler that many are hoping will lose.

Glad we can all agree.

Nate's Pissing Post
02-23-2011, 10:11 AM
I am fully aware of what the subject of the list was. I was not in any way/shape/form stating that Jones should have been among the names on the list (notice how I referred to her as a "lifetime Manitoban"?). My point was that people are bashing Jones despite the fact that's she's clearly the numero uno of women's curling in Canada - I backed this point with a strong fact: that none of the names on the list of curlers hailing from Saskatchewan have won a Scotties, yet Jones has won the last 3. You see, despite the fact that people are generally turned off by the fact that Jones kicked Cathy-O off her team, I don't see an issue with it. Was it a nice thing to do? No, it wasn't. But when you're the top dog, you're allowed to bend the rules of courtesy from time to time... Plus, the reason that she didn't want Cathy on her team wasn't because Cathy's playing was poor. The reason she let Cathy go was that Jenn wants to win an Olympic medal in 2014, and by that time Cathy will be 45. Jenn made the choice to begin training a younger player (ie. Lawes) in the hopes that she would develop into an excellent third over the next few years and be at the top of her game come 2014, not at the tail-end of it.

For someone who is quick to call out the abilities of other people when it comes to reading comprehension, you're not exactly a scholar yourself, "sport".

And as for my popularity on this forum, I really don't care who does/doesn't like my posts. It's a free forum for anyone to post what they wish, so I partake in it. Mind you, maybe I should stop. After all, this thread isn't exactly the epitome of class. "Scotties Little Hotties"? Boo.

I don't hate your posts... Ah, that's not true. Your handle alone makes me pre-hate your posts. I do read them, though, and make a final decision after that. You, my slower half brother from the East, are not helping your case. To call into question CRF's intelligence is like telling the sun it doesn't really shine... You are not helping your cause, whatever it may be, by making moronic statements about someone you quite obviously do not know anything about.

wildthing
02-23-2011, 10:33 AM
Off topic, I know but ... what do people think about Team Canada dumping Cathy O over the summer? I'm not a particular fan of Cathy O but it seems to me she deserved to be a member of Team Canada. I wonder if they shouldn't put in a rule whereby the entire team returns to be TC unless there is a medical reason or a retirement.who cares how she handled it. Its professional women's curling, stuff happens that isn't pretty in all sports.

As for yor suggestion, no offense but that is silly. To force a team to keep a player they no longer want makes no sense. that would be like saying any team (pick a sport) that wins the big one, has to keep it all its players next season. Teams evolve and grow through changing players and thats what Jenny and TC wanted to do.

thehabsfan
02-23-2011, 10:37 AM
who cares how she handled it. Its professional women's curling, stuff happens that isn't pretty in all sports.

As for yor suggestion, no offense but that is silly. To force a team to keep a player they no longer want makes no sense. that would be like saying any team (pick a sport) that wins the big one, has to keep it all its players next season. Teams evolve and grow through changing players and thats what Jenny and TC wanted to do.

Wow... tha means that the Leafs could have kept Sundin...lol

Gforce
02-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Amber 8-0 now, with 3 games left, clinched a playoff spot....

Force Kin
02-23-2011, 12:08 PM
1 more win guarantees first place!

dokterew
02-23-2011, 12:22 PM

Regardless of provincial flag; Hands down, Sandra Shmirler (Peterson) and her team are the best all time for womens curling in Canada.

Marcia, Joan, Jan and Sandra were and are the epitomy of great curlers as a team, and individuals.

danno
02-23-2011, 12:29 PM
Regardless of provincial flag; Hands down, Sandra Shmirler (Peterson) and her team are the best all time for womens curling in Canada.

Marcia, Joan, Jan and Sandra were and are the epitomy of great curlers as a team, and individuals.

Agree. I think the top 3 would be Schmirler, Colleen Jones and Jennifer Jones.

Force Kin
02-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Agree. I think the top 3 would be Schmirler, Colleen Jones and Jennifer Jones.

It's tougher for the ladies to have a dynasty, as they quite often choose to settle down and have a family. However, it would have been interesting to see how dominant Sandra and co could have been without the cancer, and if they had put curling ahead of their families. Don't get me wrong, I truly admire when athletes put family first, but they would have been ridiculously dominant, imho.

jts84
02-23-2011, 01:46 PM
For those stuck at work, tsn.ca is streaming the afternoon game live...Sask vs NS

rybo
02-23-2011, 02:06 PM
For those stuck at work, tsn.ca is streaming the afternoon game live...Sask vs NS

YAY!

coralharbour
02-23-2011, 02:43 PM
who cares how she handled it. Its professional women's curling, stuff happens that isn't pretty in all sports.

I guess there is an " I " in team, after all.

Giventofly
02-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Holland is feeling the heat. She playing horrible against NS.

aberrant
02-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Wow, I thought watching curling was boring. Reading about it and its supposed "hotties" is even worse.

ridergreengirl
02-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Holland is feeling the heat. She playing horrible against NS.

For some reason, I thought that this might be their "tough" game. The rest of the team is playing pretty good. It's just Amber that is a bit off. Hopefully she can get refocused yet and pull out another win. But, if they do lose, I won't be too upset. Would rather see them lose now than in the playoffs.

Mel66
02-23-2011, 03:00 PM
For some reason, I thought that this might be their "tough" game. The rest of the team is playing pretty good. It's just Amber that is a bit off. Hopefully she can get refocused yet and pull out another win. But, if they do lose, I won't be too upset. Would rather see them lose now than in the playoffs.

Agreed. I think she certainly has made her point that she is the team to beat this year.

wildthing
02-23-2011, 03:07 PM
I guess there is an " I " in team, after all.not sure where you are getting that. TC decided to dump Overton, not Jenny alone. As ungracious as it was all reports indicated a team meeting excluding Cathy O was held and they chose to go a new direction at third, so how is that an I?

Spook
02-23-2011, 03:30 PM
I know this was mentioned by a couple posters already but Heather Smith-Dacey gets my vote for the hottest. I had never seen her until today while watching the draw on TSN. Pleasantly surprised!

Top 3:
1. Smith-Dacey
2. Kaitlyn Lawes
3. Emma Miskew

Honourable Mention: Rachel Homan

brewmaster
02-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Wow, I thought watching curling was boring. Reading about it and its supposed "hotties" is even worse.

Is it distracting to read with that gun to your head?

brewmaster
02-23-2011, 03:50 PM
I know this was mentioned by a couple posters already but Heather Smith-Dacey gets my vote for the hottest. I had never seen her until today while watching the draw on TSN. Pleasantly surprised!

Top 3:
1. Smith-Dacey
2. Kaitlyn Lawes
3. Emma Miskew

Smith-Dacey would get the most votes in her age category, but that's about it. And that's only 'cuz Bernard isn't there.

Slow
02-23-2011, 03:53 PM

Top 3:
1. Smith-Dacey
2. Kaitlyn Lawes
3. Emma Miskew

I'd have Heather listed as a cougar.

Mel66
02-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Looks like Amber's will get her first loss this afternoon. No big deal. As mentioned earlier, better to lose now than in the playoffs. Besides, not everyone can be Kevin Martin. :)

ridergreengirl
02-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Looks like Amber's will get her first loss this afternoon. No big deal. As mentioned earlier, better to lose now than in the playoffs. Besides, not everyone can be Kevin Martin. :)

Agreed. Amber looked tired this afternoon. Hopefully she'll get some rest tonight and be ready to close out the round robin with a couple of wins tomorrow. Go Team Saskatchewan!

Dedust
02-23-2011, 05:22 PM
Off topic, I know but ... what do people think about Team Canada dumping Cathy O over the summer? I'm not a particular fan of Cathy O but it seems to me she deserved to be a member of Team Canada. I wonder if they shouldn't put in a rule whereby the entire team returns to be TC unless there is a medical reason or a retirement.

This might be a good rule to implement, considering Team Canada gets funding for the year. I wonder if them booting Cathy O off the team means she also loses her funding.

Mel66
02-23-2011, 06:33 PM
This might be a good rule to implement, considering Team Canada gets funding for the year. I wonder if them booting Cathy O off the team means she also loses her funding.

Cathy lost everything when she got dropped from the team. She had to put together a new team, find sponsorship, and qualify to be Team Manitoba. No small feat for a short period of time and a new team. I read a very good interview with her (on TSN maybe) where she said it was a very hard pill to swallow because she felt that she had earned the right to be at the Scotties through her accomplishments as a member of TC and to have to re-qualify was tough to take. I don't know any of the back-story but I have followed curling for years and I always felt like Cathy was the "shot maker" on the team. It always seemed (to me, anyway) that when Jenn was having a tough game Cathy was always very consistent. I was shocked when Cathy was dumped; although not nearly as shocked as Cathy herself, I'm sure. I always liked Cathy. While her team is struggling this year, I am happy to see her at the Scotties because she HAS earned the right to be there with the rest of the best in the country. I wish her all the luck for next year.

Joe 747 Adams
02-23-2011, 07:03 PM
I hope Cathy kicks Princess Jennifer's butt tonight.

Dedust
02-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Cathy lost everything when she got dropped from the team. She had to put together a new team, find sponsorship, and qualify to be Team Manitoba. No small feat for a short period of time and a new team. I read a very good interview with her (on TSN maybe) where she said it was a very hard pill to swallow because she felt that she had earned the right to be at the Scotties through her accomplishments as a member of TC and to have to re-qualify was tough to take. I don't know any of the back-story but I have followed curling for years and I always felt like Cathy was the "shot maker" on the team. It always seemed (to me, anyway) that when Jenn was having a tough game Cathy was always very consistent. I was shocked when Cathy was dumped; although not nearly as shocked as Cathy herself, I'm sure. I always liked Cathy. While her team is struggling this year, I am happy to see her at the Scotties because she HAS earned the right to be there with the rest of the best in the country. I wish her all the luck for next year.

If the team earns the special funding by winning the tournament than it only makes sense that they should be obligated to keep the team together and return as Team Canada with the same members. It's pretty low that they would kick someone off the team when that person would lose their funding for the year.

I don't know the entire story, but if it wasn't mutual or forced by an injury or retirement, the entire team should lose the funding as well.

coralharbour
02-23-2011, 07:53 PM
not sure where you are getting that. TC decided to dump Overton, not Jenny alone. As ungracious as it was all reports indicated a team meeting excluding Cathy O was held and they chose to go a new direction at third, so how is that an I?

If Jones didn't want it to happen it wouldn't have. The idea to dump Overton came from somewhere despite you pretending the other 3 members of the team came to this conclusion independently and spontaneously.

Green in Queen City
02-23-2011, 08:04 PM
I hope Cathy kicks Princess Jennifer's butt tonight.

I would say you are in a VERY large majority on that thought.
Here's to Cathy O pummeling the "princess"

Canada's Team
02-23-2011, 08:14 PM
I would say you are in a VERY large majority on that thought.
Here's to Cathy O pummeling the "princess"

It even seems like the crowd in PEI is very much on Cathy O's side.

brewmaster
02-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Cathy O sporting her Team Canada gloves...classic!

canadian_joe
02-23-2011, 08:22 PM
I have been a fan of Jill Officer for quite some time. i believe 2nd for team canada and when she is sweeping she can definitely make the booty bounce.

Green in Queen City
02-23-2011, 08:41 PM
It even seems like the crowd in PEI is very much on Cathy O's side.

The crowd noises on the last shot of the 7th definitely confirms that

General Taylor
02-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Really hope Cathy O wins.. Not a fan of the princess at all.. Never forget the time I ran into her at a mall and made the mistake of saying hi to her. When the cameras and press are not around she is not a very friendly person at all.

greenwall
02-23-2011, 09:22 PM
nice shot there by cathy o

GoBlueBombers
02-23-2011, 09:25 PM

I'mma let you finish, Jenny, but I gotta say... I think that Sandra's video was da best of all-time! The best of all-time!!!

Green in Queen City
02-23-2011, 09:25 PM
nice shot there by cathy o

The crowd is shouting "CATHY-O"!!!

Mel66
02-23-2011, 09:28 PM
I just walked in the door from taking my son to his karate class....let me just say I am very please to see MB in the lead right now.

Gforce
02-23-2011, 09:30 PM
Excellent shot by cathy o to go up by 3 coming home, make no mistake cathy o was extra jacked for this game because of the split from her old team, as well as jennifer's team, no matter what they say in the media....classic that the crowd is taking cathy o's side....

Mel66
02-23-2011, 09:30 PM
Great shot Cathy!!!!

Green in Queen City
02-23-2011, 09:31 PM
YES!!! nice shot,...then again she was always the one who made the shots for her team

Mel66
02-23-2011, 09:33 PM
YES!!! nice shot,...then again she was always the one who made the shots for her team

Isn't the the truth!!

I am very happy for her right now.

Dylan E
02-23-2011, 09:33 PM
hahaah Team Canada lost.

Green in Queen City
02-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Listen to that crowd,...
and the look on her face during the handshakes said it all,...

Bingo_Arms
02-23-2011, 09:36 PM
Interesting that Cathy O curled at 96% and Jen Jones at only 75%. That was the difference right there. Cathy was clutch tonight.

Some good name calling and hair pulling at the end would have sealed the deal though.

Gforce
02-23-2011, 09:36 PM
And cathy-o offers a big F.U. To her old team by pulling out a win, got to sting for jj's team....with the crowd rubbing it in too, love it, cathy-o put on a clinic

Dedust
02-23-2011, 09:38 PM
I haven't watched a whole lot of curling so far, but from this game it appeared that her team for the most part isn't that great. She seemed to get her team out of jams time and time again.

brewmaster
02-23-2011, 09:38 PM
Way to go, Cathy O!

Outcurls the princess by nearly 20% and carries her team to victory with grace.

Easily the feel-good story of this year's Scotties.

fansince'83
02-23-2011, 09:41 PM
Take it as a slight or not (I did), but in the Heart Chart (the daily newspaper for the Scotties) there is a Get to Know the Teams section (Feb. 22 edition online at curling.ca). They ask each player the same questions. One of the questions that was asked was "What are your pet peeves?"
Cathy O's response: People that lie, disloyalty.

Glad to see Cathy O curl the lights out tonight. I also think that Jennifer plays horribly when the crowd is overwhelmingly against her (both PEI and the Manitoba games as examples).

CalgaryRiderFan
02-23-2011, 09:48 PM
Really hope Cathy O wins.. Not a fan of the princess at all.. Never forget the time I ran into her at a mall and made the mistake of saying hi to her. When the cameras and press are not around she is not a very friendly person at all.

Tsk tsk, a Winnipeg resident said this? GoBlueBombers will either hunt you down or burst into tears upon reading this :)

General Taylor
02-23-2011, 10:00 PM
I am very happy Cathy O won tonight and even better hearing the crowd get so behind her. Jones must be pissed I bet..

I am waiting for the Brier at least Newfoundland will be competitive...

Lyle E. Style
02-24-2011, 01:01 AM
I am very happy Cathy O won tonight and even better hearing the crowd get so behind her. Jones must be pissed I bet..

I am waiting for the Brier at least Newfoundland will be competitive...

Competitive?

At what?

Operating the still?

Lyle E. Style
02-24-2011, 01:13 AM

No truer words were ever spoken, chief!

Schmirler won several Scotties, a couple worlds and Olympic Gold....

Coco Jones (Colleen) won six Scotties but only two worlds, never got to an Olympics.

Jenn Jones (JJ) has four Scotties (last three in a row), 1 worlds and has not played well in the last two olympic trials.

schmirler is the best shot-maker of the three, Coco Jones played the most defensive and Jenn Jones is the most exciting - playing like JoJo Dumps one game and all-world the next four....

Schmirler had the best third, ever in Jan Betker. Overton-Clapham wasn't far behind but croaked badly at the world championships. Kim Kelly was a steady, sometimes spectacular third for Colleen Jones.

All these teams had fabulous front ends. Gudereit and McCusker were very under-rated. Officer and Askin are physical beasts. Mary Waye and Nancy Delahunt were also under-rated but effective.

Great teams - great curling memories!

Nook
02-24-2011, 02:58 AM
I gotta say, the next generation of female curlers is lookin' good.

In two ways.

Nate's Pissing Post
02-24-2011, 08:11 AM
Tsk tsk, a Winnipeg resident said this? GoBlueBombers will either hunt you down or burst into tears upon reading this :)

Yes, Mr. Jennifer Jones will NOT be impressed...

Gforce
02-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Yes, Mr. Jennifer Jones will NOT be impressed...

This is what JJ said to the media after the loss to Cathy-O:

"I don't think there was anything to prove. I've always said (Cathy) is a great player and their team and Cathy played really well tonight."

Sure JJ, of course she is going to say that, but don't think for a second that both skips were not extra jacked for this game because of the split.

Gforce
02-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Holland wins against NB 7-6 this morning, record of 9-1 now, officially secures first place and a spot in the 1-2 game.

Green in Queen City
02-24-2011, 11:37 AM
This is what JJ said to the media after the loss to Cathy-O:

"I don't think there was anything to prove. I've always said (Cathy) is a great player and their team and Cathy played really well tonight."

Sure JJ, of course she is going to say that, but don't think for a second that both skips were not extra jacked for this game because of the split.

exactly,...
and those handshakes at the end of the game were awfully cold

Gforce
02-24-2011, 11:45 AM
exactly,...
and those handshakes at the end of the game were awfully cold

Exactly, there has been splits happen before on curling teams, but it has been an amicable split and they have remained friends.......JJ and cathy-o don't even look to be friends anymore....

Andy
02-24-2011, 11:53 AM
What was clear to me is that Cathy O's team is a long way away from being elite as there is almost no discussion between them - what Cathy says is done without question.

Last night it seemed she and her third hardly even like each other, though I'd have been snappy too. Cathy was able to make the incredible shots she did because her third was way off her game. Bring in the cute fifth again, please!

Either way, I was thrilled to see the golden girl Jones have one handed to her, regardless of how the commentators fawn over her every move. On the plus side, Jones has clearly managed to keep her appetite through the stress of the split.

riders rock
02-24-2011, 11:53 AM

shes gorgeous

Green in Queen City
02-24-2011, 12:17 PM
What was clear to me is that Cathy O's team is a long way away from being elite as there is almost no discussion between them - what Cathy says is done without question.

Last night it seemed she and her third hardly even like each other, though I'd have been snappy too. Cathy was able to make the incredible shots she did because her third was way off her game. Bring in the cute fifth again, please!

Either way, I was thrilled to see the golden girl Jones have one handed to her, regardless of how the commentators fawn over her every move. On the plus side, Jones has clearly managed to keep her appetite through the stress of the split.

It's pretty clear that they are just starting out and havent really gelled yet,..give it time.

Ike
02-24-2011, 12:19 PM
shes gorgeous

I think that is pushing it just abit.

Andy
02-24-2011, 12:37 PM
A few of these ladies are cute. I've been watching a lot and not one of these girls would make me stop if Iwas just flipping through the channels. They may be "curling hot", just as Natalie Gulbis is "golf hot" our Danica Patrick is "lady car driver hot". None of these women are particularly spectacular on their own; they're just hotter than the women around them. The 6 at your office seems like an 8.5 because she's surrounded by 3's.

Enthusiast
02-24-2011, 02:14 PM
A few of these ladies are cute. I've been watching a lot and not one of these girls would make me stop if Iwas just flipping through the channels. They may be "curling hot", just as Natalie Gulbis is "golf hot" our Danica Patrick is "lady car driver hot". None of these women are particularly spectacular on their own; they're just hotter than the women around them. The 6 at your office seems like an 8.5 because she's surrounded by 3's.

She's just a 3 dressed as a 9? She's only wastin' my time? :)

riderprider47
02-24-2011, 03:38 PM
anymore pics?

Moose Mountaineer
02-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Back to curling for a moment. :)

As much as I dislike J. Jones, they are going to be hard to beat come playoff time. And Amber seemed to be fading a little towards the end of the round-robin. Hopefully, that is only temporary and Team Sask will bring their A-game to all the playoff games. Particularly, Holland has to have her clutch draw weight down and other players are above their week long average.

Ike
02-25-2011, 11:36 AM
Back to curling for a moment. :)

As much as I dislike J. Jones, they are going to be hard to beat come playoff time. And Amber seemed to be fading a little towards the end of the round-robin. Hopefully, that is only temporary and Team Sask will bring their A-game to all the playoff games. Particularly, Holland has to have her clutch draw weight down and other players are above their week long average.

Ya looked like Holland might have peaked on Wednesday which I was afraid of seen it many times fully expect Jones to repeat she just has what it takes in the big games.

brewmaster
02-25-2011, 11:49 AM
The kids from ONT likely have the best chance to keep the princess from four-peating.

danno
02-25-2011, 11:54 AM
The kids from ONT likely have the best chance to keep the princess from four-peating.

I would not count Kelly Scott out, her experience gives her a better chance than Ontario, IMO. Heather Smith-Dacy is also curling very well right now.

I agree that Jones is a heavy favorite, but if Holland can get her groove back, our girls could take it!!

rider89ers
02-25-2011, 12:31 PM
I would not count Kelly Scott out, her experience gives her a better chance than Ontario, IMO. Heather Smith-Dacy is also curling very well right now.

I agree that Jones is a heavy favorite, but if Holland can get her groove back, our girls could take it!!

Kelly Scott back in juniors one a Cdn title with Manitoba was pretty good looking..she just let her self go

danno
02-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Kelly Scott back in juniors one a Cdn title with Manitoba was pretty good looking..she just let her self go

Kelly Scott (MacKenzie) was only 13 when she first curled in the Junior nationals!

rider89ers
02-25-2011, 01:22 PM
Kelly Scott (MacKenzie) was only 13 when she first curled in the Junior nationals!

LOL, well she was 17 when she won the Cdn juniors...thats no so bad LOL

brewmaster
02-25-2011, 02:20 PM

I always say two 13s are as good as a 26...

Ryderfan81
02-25-2011, 02:24 PM

Same concept as being "contractor pretty" at the plant I work at.

coralharbour
02-25-2011, 02:43 PM
I always say two 13s are as good as a 26...

See you in court.

Andy
02-25-2011, 04:53 PM
See you in court.

At least he didn't say 13 2's.

Ike
02-25-2011, 05:00 PM

Kelly Scott good looking I cant even imagine that.

danno
02-25-2011, 06:19 PM
Kelly Scott good looking I cant even imagine that.

sheesh, a little respect, please. I am sure that not all of us on this forum look like some Greek god .....

Giventofly
02-25-2011, 06:51 PM
The #1 vs #2 game, on a Friday night and there are 18 people in the stands......weak.

2-0 end of 1

brewmaster
02-25-2011, 06:54 PM
At least he didn't say 13 2's.

:ROFL:

Gforce
02-25-2011, 08:07 PM
The #1 vs #2 game, on a Friday night and there are 18 people in the stands......weak.

2-0 end of 1

Yeah the stands look pathetic....at the half way point in the game sask is up 5-2 after a nice Schmirler-esk double takeout in-off shot.....jj even saluted the shot, and here I thought jones didn't have a classy bone in her body.

wheatking
02-25-2011, 08:18 PM
I heard it was sold out but no one can make it because they have a horrible blizzard right now.

Grayson Tiger
02-25-2011, 08:24 PM
I heard it was sold out but no one can make it because they have a horrible blizzard right now.

Charlottetown forecast:

Snow mixed with rain changing to rain mixed with freezing rain this evening then to snow and blowing snow after midnight. Snowfall amount 5 to 10 cm. Rainfall amount 20 to 30 mm. Wind becoming north 60 km/h gusting to 90 after midnight. Low minus 4.

Safimod
02-25-2011, 08:39 PM
Not a good 7th end.
Saskatchewan gives up a steal of 2, and Team Canada takes a 6-5 lead going into the 8th end.

fansince'83
02-25-2011, 08:47 PM
Not a good 7th end.
Canada gives up a steal of 2, and Team Canada takes a 6-5 lead going into the 8th end.

Psst...Saskatchewan.

Safimod
02-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Hollland/Team Sask come back with a deuce in 8 to take back the lead 7-6

SuzieQ
02-25-2011, 08:59 PM
Hollland/Team Sask come back with a deuce in 8 to take back the lead 7-6

Force in 9 and score in 10 for the win!

Safimod
02-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Force in 9 and score in 10 for the win!
OR...give up 3 in 9...

ridergreengirl
02-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Amber gets into trouble in 9. Team Canada scoring 3 in 9 does not bode well for our team. Come on Team Sask.

Dylan E
02-25-2011, 09:32 PM
Team Canada's new third is fired!!

Safimod
02-25-2011, 09:37 PM
One mistake by Cathy O's replacement, and we are going to an extra end..

Dylan E
02-25-2011, 09:44 PM
One mistake by Cathy O's replacement, and we are going to an extra end..

Fire her.

Riderfanszmul
02-25-2011, 09:48 PM
On the hotties end of things, Kathy Lawes from Team Canada wins this game hands down :)

szarka33
02-25-2011, 09:54 PM
that was bad curling in the end, I flipped it right when Holland threw.

Safimod
02-25-2011, 09:54 PM
Looks like team Sask will have to take the slightly longer path to the finals.

TomKat
02-25-2011, 09:56 PM
Looks like team Sask will have to take the slightly longer path to the finals.

JJ will be in the final regardless. hard to beat a team 3 times in a row. Amber will get it done. She's from Dilke

stix123
02-25-2011, 10:07 PM
On the hotties end of things, Kathy Lawes from Team Canada wins this game hands down :)

When you compare the rest ... not a major victory.

Riderfanszmul
02-25-2011, 10:11 PM

Very true :(

Lyle E. Style
02-25-2011, 10:13 PM

Amber barfed up the big one in the extra....

Hotties - KT Lawes is really nice for a shorty, but remember she's barely 5'2"

Baby Meakin (her junior third) is even hotter.

After that - Heather Smith-Dacey (NS)

but the queen of the pack is PEI fifth player Trish 'Stratus' Affleck - she's the hottie of all time in curling. Google her for yourself!!!

I'm a big fan of Sask'n curler Sherri Singler aka Sensational Sherri

Moose Mountaineer
02-25-2011, 10:41 PM
Team Sask has to play a lot better to win and is certainly capable of doing that. It should improve their confidence knowing that even while not playing particularly well, they took Team Canada to an extra end.

If they can get by the winner of NS/Ont, taking the long route is probably a lot better than sitting out until the Sunday evening final.

Ike
02-25-2011, 11:03 PM
Not a big surprise SK crumbles Canada rises to the top just as I expected especially after leading by 3 at the break what a choke job welcome to sk curling. I expect them to also lose the semi peaking on Wednesday gets you no where.

Moose Mountaineer
02-25-2011, 11:28 PM
Not a big surprise SK crumbles Canada rises to the top just as I expected especially after leading by 3 at the break what a choke job welcome to sk curling. I expect them to also lose the semi peaking on Wednesday gets you no where.
I think Sask still has a good chance of winning it all and it might settle them down a bit if they have to play two more games. Not that getting by NS or Ont will be easy.

Ike
02-25-2011, 11:39 PM
I think Sask still has a good chance of winning it all and it might settle them down a bit if they have to play two more games. Not that getting by NS or Ont will be easy.

I hope so but she has now lost 3 out of her last 4 and arnt really playing that great I dont like their chances.

Lyle E. Style
02-26-2011, 02:26 AM
Holla Holland had Jones by the uknowwhats after five ends and almost had Jenn down for the count. But JJ withstood the massive green assault, hung in there like a champion and took the game in 9 (with that beauty three, almost four)

ANd Jones did it without the services of Officer Jill, her loyal companion who barfed up one of her worst games in Scott history.

However, when Officer plays poorly, JJ is usually at her best.

I don't expect Officer to improve much in Sunday's final. She may have been the all-star second but right now she's the all-star weakness.

Jones needs Saturday off to re-charge her batteries for the gold medal game vs. either Ontario, Nova Scotia or Sask'n.

Poor Cathy O. - they interiewed her on TSN and she was almost in tears (for not being on the ice with Jones)

Moose Mountaineer
02-26-2011, 08:58 AM
Both Team Canada (Officer) and Sask seconds (Tammy Schneider) are strong hitters, but, like many seconds (even at the national level of play) seem not as good on draws and other in between weight shots. Definitely advantageous if you can get either of those players having to play somewhat difficult come around shots where a foot or two of weight is important. Sask second and third were frustratingly off weight on several draws which helped set up Jones big ends. Also, Sask seemed to mis-sweep a couple of key shots of Ambers. The difference in the degree of fine tuning of Team Canada and Sask was noticeable. Good that Sask earned a second chance by finishing first.

Lyle E. Style
02-26-2011, 10:03 AM
Both Team Canada (Officer) and Sask seconds (Tammy Schneider) are strong hitters, but, like many seconds (even at the national level of play) seem not as good on draws and other in between weight shots. Definitely advantageous if you can get either of those players having to play somewhat difficult come around shots where a foot or two of weight is important. Sask second and third were frustratingly off weight on several draws which helped set up Jones big ends. Also, Sask seemed to mis-sweep a couple of key shots of Ambers. The difference in the degree of fine tuning of Team Canada and Sask was noticeable. Good that Sask earned a second chance by finishing first.

Great comments MM - however, Officer was not only having trouble with some of her draws (as expected) she was also nosing hits (unexpected). As Russ Howard points out Jill was either over-throwing her big weight (under pressure) or her mechanics were off slightly. The big question in Sask'n is that while Amber Holland is a top notch skip, she seems a bit short-changed by her team. (first trip to playoffs). However, if the first 5 ends of last nights 1-2 game are any indication that team can be very good. Don't seem rattled by the klieg lights, TV, etc.

rider89ers
02-26-2011, 10:22 AM

not to mention many sweeping errors in the game last nite..

danno
02-26-2011, 10:38 AM

Thanks for coming out ...... where is the "Unlike" button?

Moose Mountaineer
02-26-2011, 10:42 AM
Great comments MM - however, Officer was not only having trouble with some of her draws (as expected) she was also nosing hits (unexpected). As Russ Howard points out Jill was either over-throwing her big weight (under pressure) or her mechanics were off slightly. The big question in Sask'n is that while Amber Holland is a top notch skip, she seems a bit short-changed by her team. (first trip to playoffs). However, if the first 5 ends of last nights 1-2 game are any indication that team can be very good. Don't seem rattled by the klieg lights, TV, etc.
We used to refer to players who throw the rock like Jill Officer as "pushers" -- now they call it an "arm extension". Not really the greatest of mechanics IMO although through practice, timing, and innate ability some good players like Jill get away with it. Most of the really good big weight hitters (e.g., Martin) get their weight up with body speed coming out of the hack on hits. Young Ontario team all have text book deliveries and seem to do that as well and they seem like the only Scotties team that can reliably throw good weight at all four positions.

I agree that Amber is definitely a top level skip. The rest of the team have to turn it up a notch or two, however.

riderprider47
02-26-2011, 11:07 AM
Amber barfed up the big one in the extra....

Hotties - KT Lawes is really nice for a shorty, but remember she's barely 5'2"

Baby Meakin (her junior third) is even hotter.

After that - Heather Smith-Dacey (NS)

but the queen of the pack is PEI fifth player Trish 'Stratus' Affleck - she's the hottie of all time in curling. Google her for yourself!!!
I'm a big fan of Sask'n curler Sherri Singler aka Sensational Sherri

I'd have to disagree, Eve Muirhead is the alltime hottest

Moose Mountaineer
02-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Ontario trounced NS this morning in the 3-4 game and playing Sask in the semi-final.

Amber facing constant pressure in the early ends but has SK ahead 5-2 after 5 ends with some great draws.

Same score as last night at this stage, but hopefully the final result is different!

Joe 747 Adams
02-26-2011, 05:51 PM
I am really getting sick of seeing the same 3 commericials. You know which ones I mean.

Gforce
02-26-2011, 06:11 PM
I am really getting sick of seeing the same 3 commericials. You know which ones I mean.

I want to kill the guy playing the guitar in the tim hortons commercial.

Moose Mountaineer
02-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Final score 7-5 for SK. On to the showdown with Team Canada. Go Green.

ridergreengirl
02-26-2011, 07:04 PM
Way to go Team Saskatchewan! Now it's time to send Jennifer Jones packing and get that Team Canada title back in the province where it belongs.

Grrizzly
02-26-2011, 08:19 PM
i really like how confident Amber looks, she seems extremely cool.
Tammy, on the other hand is a train wreck waiting to happen.

Slow
02-26-2011, 08:24 PM
I would have been happy with anyone of Team Canada, Ontario of Amber representing as Team Canada..
But I have to say I'm overjoyed that Amber gets a real shot at becoming Team Canada

Go SASK Go

danno
02-26-2011, 09:08 PM
i really like how confident Amber looks, she seems extremely cool.
Tammy, on the other hand is a train wreck waiting to happen.

Wrong. She curled 90% in the semi-final, tops for both teams. And she has been consistently around 90% all week. Don't worry about Tammy .....

Grrizzly
02-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Wrong. She curled 90% in the semi-final, tops for both teams. And she has been consistently around 90% all week. Don't worry about Tammy .....

Well that's a little comforting, but when you see her facial expressions on TV she really looks like she has NO confidence in her game.

danno
02-26-2011, 09:40 PM
Well that's a little comforting, but when you see her facial expressions on TV she really looks like she has NO confidence in her game.

Only Jill Officer of Team Canada had a better % than Tammy among seconds for the entire week. Officer averaged 84%, Tammy was at 83%.

RiderFan89
02-26-2011, 09:53 PM
I'd have to disagree, Eve Muirhead is the alltime hottest

Don't forget Madeleine Dupont

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_913i6e5Kxmk/S4KkBK88XVI/AAAAAAAABA4/AjvM5HFYMPQ/s400/madeleine_dupont_nude.jpg

Moose Mountaineer
02-26-2011, 10:34 PM
Only Jill Officer of Team Canada had a better % than Tammy among seconds for the entire week. Officer averaged 84%, Tammy was at 83%.
The entire team seemed to play much better tonight. Kim Schneider struggled early in the game but really played well later on. (She seemed like the tense looking player to me). SK's overall judgement of weight, line, and sweeping seemed better today as well. Although a very sound skip, Amber makes the odd puzzling strategic decision (e.g., not throwing the first guard through the house on the last end despite 3-point lead) which can get the team into a bind. They will have to be firing on all cylinders in the final against Team JJ.

Ike
02-27-2011, 01:02 AM
Thanks for coming out ...... where is the "Unlike" button?

Whats your problem I only called it as it happened. Its great that she bounced back I am behind her 100% with my heart but my head still predicts a Jones win. But I hope I am wrong. Take that anyway you like.

Ike
02-27-2011, 01:04 AM
Don't forget Madeleine Dupont

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_913i6e5Kxmk/S4KkBK88XVI/AAAAAAAABA4/AjvM5HFYMPQ/s400/madeleine_dupont_nude.jpg

She is hard to forget Gorgous lady. Kim Schneider is the one that worries me going into the final.

Lyle E. Style
02-27-2011, 09:58 AM
She is hard to forget Gorgous lady. Kim Schneider is the one that worries me going into the final.

Vince McMahon should be calling Dupont.

He could call her the "European Barbie"

or

MADDY MADDY

CalgaryRiderFan
02-27-2011, 10:20 AM
They'll have to play better than yesterday. They made a few mistakes but Ontario didn't capitalize. They probably don't get those second chances against Jones and crew

danno
02-27-2011, 10:28 AM
They'll have to play better than yesterday. They made a few mistakes but Ontario didn't capitalize. They probably don't get those second chances against Jones and crew

THIS^^

Lotus
02-27-2011, 10:56 AM
If they (Team Holland) can keep their cool and execute it should be another good game.

Are the Schneider girls from Kronau?

http://www.hollandcurlingteam.com/

Sunday, 27 February 2011 12:23
How great was semi-final Saturday? I am sure you all loved it just as much as I did. It was a bit easier on the nerves today as I could tell the girls were totally in the zone by the 5th end break. They played like true Champions today and if they do that again tomorrow I believe Saskatchewan will have another Canadian Championship Team.

It was a sunny day here in Charlottetown, but really quite cold. Amber, Heather and I walked to Cora's this morning for breaky. It was a hit once again! Anyone who has never been to Cora's really needs to find one, I think there is one in Calgary now, otherwise they are mostly out East.

After breaky I think we all went back to sleep, well I know I did. I crashed pretty hard until it was time to get up for lunch. Seems like all we have done for the past 10 days is sleep, eat, curl, eat, sleep, eat, etc. We are all tired of eating good stuff, haha. I think there will be 4 rounds of fish and chips at our table on Monday!

After lunch Kim and I stopped at Cow's. We both bought a few cute things and I did get a small ice cream cone - I looked a bit crazy walking around with it on such a cold day, but it was worth it. We picked Heather up some chocolate covered potatoe chips ... she might end up on TLC's "My strange additiction" over these things. The sidewalks here are a bit dangerous with all of the rain and snow that has been going on. I almost slipped and fell several times, but was careful to to grab Kim and take her with me ... I can just see the headline now - Pregnant fifth squashes tiny third, but manages to save ice cream cone.

I went to the mall with my mom this afternoon, all I bought was a sweater for my husband. Speaking of Greg, he was supposed to get out this morning so was at the airport at 5:00 am. His flight was delayed until 9:45 am. That took him to Montreal and he had to wait there until 8:00 pm to fly to Winnipeg. I am still waiting to hear from him when he arrives in Winnipeg. He said he really needs some sleep and a shower before he heads home tomorrow morning. Hopefully the rest of us have better luck getting home.

Tonight we had the Kruger Gala. We all got fancied up for the dinner and awards. Amber, Kim and Tammy all made the second All Star team. Cathy O was the winner of the Marj Mitchell award and was treated to a standing ovation. After dinner Jully Black took the stage and she was amazing! I had the chance to shake my baby bump on the D-floor and even got in a slow jam with Bryan Mudryk ... who is almost as handsome as my hubby ; )

Now, it is time to catch some zzz's. We know team Canada is going to come out strong tomorrow, but that doesn't really matter. All we can do is be ready, enjoy the moment and leave it all on the ice. I know the gals are ready for tomorrow and you will all be in for another great game.

A special thanks to my family and friends that have been messaging me this week ... this 5th player stuff is hard on the nerves and your support and humor is keeping me and baby energized.

Don't forget to send your positive thoughts our way in email or just in spirit : )

Sask Super 5th ... and a half.

Canada's Team
02-27-2011, 11:22 AM
Tuf, the Schneider girls' mom and dad run that ice cream shop in Kronau along highway 33 that's only open in the summer.

We stop there on our way home after Rider games.

Nice people.

Lotus
02-27-2011, 11:37 AM
Tuf, the Schneider girls' mom and dad run that ice cream shop in Kronau along highway 33 that's only open in the summer.

We stop there on our way home after Rider games.

Nice people.

Cool!

I grew up in a small town not far from Kronau and the Schneiders were well known for their curling as well as other sports in that area as we used to compete with that town when we were kids.

Great to hear that the tradition lives on.

I drive by there just about everday and will have to stop in for a cone this summer :)

Canada's Team
02-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Wonder if the Jennifer Jones crew was in on the standing ovation when Cathy O won the Marj Mitchell award?

Ralphy
02-27-2011, 12:42 PM
Wonder if the Jennifer Jones crew was in on the standing ovation when Cathy O won the Marj Mitchell award?

I think Cathy O has more hard feelings toward the JJ team then the other way around.

danno
02-27-2011, 12:47 PM
I think Cathy O has more hard feelings toward the JJ team then the other way around.

.... and has more reason.

Ike
02-27-2011, 12:56 PM
She got cut just like any outher player on any pro team whats the big deal? If she cant handle it than she shouldnt be in the bussiness and the fans I cant believe the amount of poor Kathy people get cut all the time .

Canada's Team
02-27-2011, 01:03 PM
She got cut just like any outher player on any pro team whats the big deal? If she cant handle it than she shouldnt be in the bussiness and the fans I cant believe the amount of poor Kathy people get cut all the time .

I think the thing that gets me is that the way the Jones team cut her.

From what I understand, most other teams in curling will get together AS A TEAM and say, things aren't working, blah, blah, blah, what are we going to do? Isn't that what Cheryl Bernard's team just did.

The Jones team meanwhile, had the other three members get together and then blindsided Cathy O. No warning, nothing.

Ralphy
02-27-2011, 04:10 PM
Do they generally play a Bronze Medal game? I don't ever remember there being one.

Lotus
02-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Sask. Scotties performance impresses former curling champ Joan McCusker (http://www.newstalk980.com/story/20110227/47642)

McCusker thinks Saskatchewan has good chance to win Sunday's final.

Joan McCusker knows all about the nerves and anticipation leading up to the big game, having won three national titles with Sandra Schmirler in the 1990s.

"That's when your mind wanders and goes through all the scenarios of 'what if'," McCusker told News Talk Radio in a telephone interview Sunday morning. "What if you win? What if you lose? What if you play badly? What if you start off on the wrong foot?

"You think to yourself, 'How many times am I going to have this opportunity to be this close to finishing it off?' "

Holland's rink faces a stiff challenge from Jones, the three-time defending champion. But McCusker suggested Saskatchewan has a very good chance.

"They're actually in a pretty positive state of mind," McCusker said of Holland's crew. "People often talk about that: having that momentum of the win of the semifinal."

Even though Holland will carry the hopes of a curling-mad province on her shoulders, McCusker thinks there's even more pressure on Jones as she goes for a record-tying fourth consecutive Canadian women's championship.

"You know that the fans and yourself [Jones] expect big things of you, and that is really hard. It's a big distraction."

Despite her wealth of experience, McCusker said she doesn't need to give any advice because Holland's team has already shown they're world-class players. And win or lose, McCusker added, Saskatchewan will welcome the Holland team home as heroes.

ridergreengirl
02-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Do they generally play a Bronze Medal game? I don't ever remember there being one.

I don't remember it either but am glad that Nova Scotia won after I read this quote from the Ontario skip in the Heart Chart paper today in an interview after they lost to Saskatchewan last night.

“We weren’t quite good enough,”said Homan. “They were the better team. They deserved it. “Now we get to play for ugly gold rings (the prize for winning today’s bronze medal rematch with Nova Scotia at 2:30 p.m.).

Wonder how the sponsors felt when she referred to the rings as "ugly"? Sounds like this girl needs to grow up a bit. She is a good curler but needs to be humbled a bit. Hopefully, losing to Nova Scotia and walking away with nothing will make her appreciate things a bit more in the future.

GO TEAM SASKATCHEWAN!!!!!

Gypsy
02-27-2011, 05:17 PM
I don't remember it either but am glad that Nova Scotia won after I read this quote from the Ontario skip in the Heart Chart paper today in an interview after they lost to Saskatchewan last night.

“We weren’t quite good enough,”said Homan. “They were the better team. They deserved it. “Now we get to play for ugly gold rings (the prize for winning today’s bronze medal rematch with Nova Scotia at 2:30 p.m.).

Wonder how the sponsors felt when she referred to the rings as "ugly"? Sounds like this girl needs to grow up a bit. She is a good curler but needs to be humbled a bit. Hopefully, losing to Nova Scotia and walking away with nothing will make her appreciate things a bit more in the future.

She's walking away with $7500 for finishing 4th. She's young and competitive, but you're right, she needs to mature a bit.

Ralphy
02-27-2011, 05:25 PM
She's walking away with $7500 for finishing 4th. She's young and competitive, but you're right, she needs to mature a bit.

You could tell he had absolutly no interest in today's game. The score flattered her.

Ike
02-27-2011, 05:31 PM

No different than when Canada loses a gold medal match than has to play for bronze in hockey curling anything she was there for gold and when she no longer had a chance for that she didnt really care anymore. Stupitist idea ever to have to play a game foe bronze she should have guarrenteed herself the bronze when she whooped nova Scotia yesterday. Dont blame her for being pead that she had to beat her again.

brewmaster
02-27-2011, 05:44 PM
Holman is going to win an incredible number of games as she matures. Absolutely phenomenal ability. Incredibly impressed by her.

Plus I love the way she yells "HARD!" (crap I sound like Nate/Lyle/Manitoba Legend now...)

CalgaryRiderFan
02-27-2011, 06:17 PM
I watched a bit of the third place game. It sounds like they said they added for points etc for the Olympic trials or something like that

murphy
02-27-2011, 06:21 PM
I watched a bit of the third place game. It sounds like they said they added for points etc for the Olympic trials or something like that

Thats what I got out of it too.

Joe 747 Adams
02-27-2011, 06:37 PM

I think they said that starts next year. Gives extra incentive to win the game, besides the cash.

Maybe that will cut down on the whining from players like Homan.

Safimod
02-27-2011, 06:45 PM
Anyone know if there is anywhere to watch the final online?

Green in Queen City
02-27-2011, 06:51 PM
No different than when Canada loses a gold medal match than has to play for bronze in hockey curling anything she was there for gold and when she no longer had a chance for that she didnt really care anymore. Stupitist idea ever to have to play a game foe bronze she should have guarrenteed herself the bronze when she whooped nova Scotia yesterday. Dont blame her for being pead that she had to beat her again.

Have to agree,..playing a bronze medal game is idiotic,.....nobody cares or wants to play in it,...they beat NS in the semi-final yesterday, that should've awarded Ontario third place already

Lotus
02-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Team Canada takes 3 in the first end....ouch!

Trumper
02-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Sucks when a brushing error in the first end costs you the game.

Safimod
02-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Sucks when a brushing error in the first end costs you the game.

What happened?

Gforce
02-27-2011, 06:58 PM
Team Canada takes 3 in the first end....ouch!

Sask front end with a bad weight judgement there, they have done that a couple times, can't make mistakes like that and expect to win a national final.

squish
02-27-2011, 06:59 PM
What happened?

Gave up three in the first, partly because her brushers swept her rock a bit too much. I hardly think she's given up the game yet though.

Frederick
02-27-2011, 07:02 PM
where can we watch the game online?

rybo
02-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Only if TSN is streaming it.

Green in Queen City
02-27-2011, 07:11 PM
We're back in it with 2 in the second.
The best part of this is listening to the crowd that is solidly cheering for Saskatchewan

Huff Daddy
02-27-2011, 07:11 PM
Sask front end with a bad weight judgement there, they have done that a couple times, can't make mistakes like that and expect to win a national final.

It's womens curling...both teams will make a ton of mistakes before this one is done.

Trumper
02-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Gave up three in the first, partly because her brushers swept her rock a bit too much. I hardly think she's given up the game yet though.

Yah meant *if that did. Getting the deuce back was clutch and even bigger to hold them to 1.

Ike
02-27-2011, 08:04 PM
I was looking forward to the game but when its over in the first end not good. But no big surprise to many mistakes and usually it hasnt been the thrower that been making the mistakes skipping decsions brushing error etc. We always play just good enough to lose.

danno
02-27-2011, 08:06 PM
I was looking forward to the game but when its over in the first end not good. But no big surprise to many mistakes and usually it hasnt been the thrower that been making the mistakes skipping decsions brushing error etc. We always play just good enough to lose.

You are just a shining ray of sunshine!

Ike
02-27-2011, 08:11 PM
You are just a shining ray of sunshine!

Just calling it the way I see it. Dont think I said anything that isnt true if I did oh well to bad!

Canada's Team
02-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Just calling it the way I see it. Dont think I said anything that isnt true if I did oh well to bad!

It's a brand new game boys!

Flickin' Awesome

What was that?

danno

6-6 tie now.
Too bad they lost the game in the first end.
Man, support our girls, don't give up on them - worse than the Rider bandwagon jumpers.

greenwall
02-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Its over.....

TomKat
02-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Officer keeps playing like she is, her and Cathy O will be on the same team next year.

Gforce
02-27-2011, 08:37 PM
That was an unbelievably ballsy move by holland to make that tap for 3 to tie the game, you tick the guard and game over.....awesome shot, we got a game now

Trumper
02-27-2011, 08:39 PM
That was an unbelievably ballsy move by holland to make that tap for 3 to tie the game, you tick the guard and game over.....awesome shot, we got a game now

Then turns around and throws a poor shot letting Canada off the hook in the next end. Bizarre how good and bad things are in the same game.

Canada's Team
02-27-2011, 08:52 PM
That was a nice shot.

Now, to jinx Jones!

02-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Come on Amber!